diy solar

diy solar

US Manufactured Solid State batteries.

JoeHam

Solar Wizard
Solid state batteries !

High energy density. NOT low cost.

Pre order here for 1% down :

11,000 full charge cycles, unlimited shallow cycles.

At $20,000 for the smallest battery I doubt they will send one to @Will Prowse for a teardown video but you never know ?.

Last edited:
Solid Power has extensive partnerships with both BMW and Ford to jointly develop all-solid-state batteries. In October 2021, Solid Power announced a partnership with SK Innovation to produce Solid Power’s automotive-scale all-solid-state battery cells utilizing Solid Power’s sulfide-based solid electrolyte, proprietary cell designs and production processes. The company was initially funded by prominent investors including Hyundai, Volta Energy Technologies, Umicore, Sanoh, A123 Systems and Solvay.

In September 2021, Solid Power announced plans to expand our solid-state battery material production capacity. Our second Denver-area facility – Solid Power Thornton or “SP2” – will quadruple our production footprint and is expected to play a key role in enabling Solid Power to progress through the initial stages of automotive qualification.

Solid state batteries !

High energy density. NOT low cost.

Pre order here for 1% down :

11,000 full charge cycles, unlimited shallow cycles.

At $20,000 for the smallest battery I doubt they will send one to @Will Prowse for a teardown video but you never know ?.
With a similar capacity DIY LFP battery buildable for 10% - 15% of their price, I likely won't be in the market for one.

Back