diy solar

diy solar

Use a Victron smart battery protect BP-65 to disconnect solar panel controller from solar panel ?

Yes I can see how there is a technical solution for it and said solution could be more or less complicated. My point is that IF this is a actual problem I have a very hard time believing company’s like Victron wouldn’t state it in their manuals or sell products eliminating the risk. I’m no expert in solar though, I just want someone to present facts not “what they’ve heard”. Sorry RandyP, really not directed to you. :)

Yes I can see how there is a technical solution for it and said solution could be more or less complicated. My point is that IF this is a actual problem I have a very hard time believing company’s like Victron wouldn’t state it in their manuals or sell products eliminating the risk. I’m no expert in solar though, I just want someone to present facts not “what they’ve heard”. Sorry RandyP, really not directed to you. :)
You might peruse the Victron community and see what you find !

If there is an actual risk and problem here, more or less every solar system using any type of BMS always MUST have a relay breaking the connection between the PV and the SCC.....................

Victron Smart Mppt 150/45 and up have built in remote switchs and neither the remote cable or bp65 are needed.

So Victron does have a solution for the problem in their bigger SCC's

Interesting, wonder if that’s because of the higher voltages and currents or to just lower the price on the smaller SCCs?

Back