diy solar

diy solar

Use of 48 V Soalr Panels

Mr Banzo

Hi All
I have 2 X 48 V Solar panels that I want to use . My Inverter is 24 V and my Batteries 2 X 12 V to make 24 V
I also have a 12/24V Solar Charge Controller to use. Can I connect the Panels to the inverter without any fear? Attached is my Specs for Inverter and Panels.Inverter Specs.jpgSolar Panel Specs.jpg

Looks like your panels VOC is 49.6, two panels in series will be 99.2, the Charge controller max input VOC is 105, so thats Good.
Short Circuit Panel current is 11 amps, and the max rated current of the mppt charger is 60A, so it all looks good, but please wait for some one with far more knowledge than me to comment and confirm.

Looks like your panels VOC is 49.6, two panels in series will be 99.2, the Charge controller max input VOC is 105, so thats Good.
A year ago I would've agreed knowing very little about VOC and all other related units, it's easy to just go by what the spec sheet says and it creates a lot of confusion for new people.

But I wouldn't personally want to run so close to the max voltage input.
I've seen a single solar panel make ~5 Volts over its rated VOC on a slightly cool day, all that extra low temp voltage adds up quick, especially with multiple panels.

But it depends on where the OP lives and what their lowest expected temperature is going to be.

EDIT:

All that being said, the OP will want to run the panels in parallel to have a 41V and 22A setup.

Short Circuit Panel current is 11 amps, and the max rated current of the mppt charger is 60A, so it all looks good, but please wait for some one with far more knowledge than me to comment and confirm.
Thanx a lot.

A year ago I would've agreed knowing very little about VOC and all other related units, it's easy to just go by what the spec sheet says and it creates a lot of confusion for new people.

But I wouldn't personally want to run so close to the max voltage input.
I've seen a single solar panel make ~5 Volts over its rated VOC on a slightly cool day, all that extra low temp voltage adds up quick, especially with multiple panels.

But it depends on where the OP lives and what their lowest expected temperature is going to be.

EDIT:

All that being said, the OP will want to run the panels in parallel to have a 41V and 22A setup.
Thanx a lot.

Back