diy solar

diy solar

Using Din/Unistrut To Mount Victron Equipment

I have the Victron Lynx distribution system (distributor, shunt, power in) and would like to mount them in my garage, but I would like to switch out components once in a while as I test things and not have to drill excessive amounts of holes.

Has anyone had success using any kind of railing system to mount these components? I’ve seen some professional installations where it looks like it was done but apparently their methods are proprietary.

Easiest thing in the world. Run rails, well attached, horizontally. Use strut nuts.

Requires some fiddling if you want rails in top and bottom holes. Not needed for small mppts. Heavy stuff like the Quattro only mounts on the supplied cleat anyway so just a strut spacer on the bottom.

I imagine 1/4 bolts are plenty but I use 3/8 just because.

May have a pic somewhere.

Sort of a mish mash of mounts. I had to get this running before the heat. There will be a rearrangement when it is cooler to include a big MPPT and maybe another Quattro.

Nice to have a 3/4 piece of ply behind the concrete board. Let’s you just drill holes where you please.

IMG_9032.jpegIMG_0715.jpegIMG_9067.jpeg

diy solar

diy solar
Back