diy solar

diy solar

Utility not charging batteries

hzaarou95

I have 2 Growatt SPF 5000 inverters connected in parallel.
4 48v170ah lithium batteries connected in parallel without bms
Inverter output set to SUB
Battery type prg 5: USE
Bulk and float voltages prg 19-20 set to 57v
Cut off: 48v
Charging priority prg 14: solar and utility
Problem: the utility is on, inverter bypasses the power to loads but doesnt charge the battery on the contradictory it uses power from batteries, it is cloudy day so not to expect much from sun, tho its not necessary as the utility should be enough to power the loads and charge the battery or not charge them, but not consume them while utility is on.
I don’t know of the pic is clear, but the arrow on screen is from the battery to the inverter.
Thank you guys

Attachments

• E7FB3853-5228-4722-94CF-A316D45F3B43.jpeg
    E7FB3853-5228-4722-94CF-A316D45F3B43.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 6
Problem: the utility is on, inverter bypasses the power to loads but doesnt charge the battery on the contradictory it uses power from batteries, it is cloudy day so not to expect much from sun, tho its not necessary as the utility should be enough to power the loads and charge the battery or not charge them, but not consume them while utility is on.
I don’t know of the pic is clear, but the arrow on screen is from the battery to the inverter.
Thank you guys
I have the same issue. The battery starts charging only if I cut off the PV breaker. Did you find a solution?

Thank you guys
I have the same problem .any solution?

The eg4 6500 has the same issue. I found out the only way to make it charge with both solar and utility at the same time is to put the inverter in USB mode, otherwise the charge source priority always acts as “solar first”.

Do the growatts have a USB mode (instead of SBU or SUB)?

Back