diy solar

diy solar

Valence U27-12XP 2S 3P BMS?

Yes you are correct. The only work around would be to make sure too carefully top balance while under constant supervision using the RS 485 cable connected to your laptop. And after that you'll need to always have the laptop connected and in communication when you are trying to top balance.
Ok...thats not what you replied in the previous post. The previous post by DJM86 you say that the Thunderstruck BMS VC1 is a legit work around. My set up is identical to his but I am using 100-300W of solar no generator and a solar charger set for LifePO4 battery. What is the difference???

Thunderstruck is not a workaround. It is an actual BMS and completely legitimate but if running batteries in parallel only.

Thunderstruck is not a workaround. It is an actual BMS and completely legitimate but if running batteries in parallel only.
Ok Travis..... more confused then..... cause he stated he only had one battery and you said yes. Now you are saying batterIES in parallel.

Hi All
Not to hijack this thread but I’ve been trying to educate myself and find a solution. I have one U27-12XP battery I want to use in my travel trailer. I have an onboard generator and a 75 amp converter (set at 14.6V) to charge battery. Seeing that the onboard BMS does not provide complete protection, can I run a Thunderstruck BMS VC1 to protect the battery when charging? I don’t have solar (yet). Any other options? Thanks in advance.
So what did you come up with to make your battery work for you ?!?! Im in the same boat as you.....1 battery...... small RV .....solar charger

Ok Travis..... more confused then..... cause he stated he only had one battery and you said yes. Now you are saying batterIES in parallel.
Sorry for confusing you. One battery and the thunderstruck is fine.

The thunderstruck is designed for a single battery or batteries in parallel No additional balancers would be needed . In combination with a nice ev200a relay it would be a legitimate BMS that protected the battery.

And it also works for batteries in series as long as they have additional balancers balancing each battery in the series string to the others.

Sorry for confusing you. One battery and the thunderstruck is fine.

The thunderstruck is designed for a single battery or batteries in parallel No additional balancers would be needed . In combination with a nice ev200a relay it would be a legitimate BMS that protected the battery.

And it also works for batteries in series as long as they have additional balancers balancing each battery in the series string to the others.
Ok.... so new to all this and still going through Will's class on understanding electricity 101. What is an "ev200a" relay..... I know it is a 200 Amp relay but what is the "ev"??

Last edited:
Ok.... so new to all this and still going through Will's class on understanding electricity 101. What is an "ev200a" relay..... I know it is a 200 Amp relay but what is the "ev"??
Ev200 is the model number which represents a 500 amp relay. The letters that follow identify other parameters. Check the PDF for details. I sell good used ones that include the pwm board if you need.

Interesting there's one that appears to be a bit different but is same part number and shows it's capable of 200 amps.

Either way 200 amps is probably plenty for most people.

I can hook you up with a Valence BMS configured for your needs.
I need one, do you have one?
I'm setting up-switching out a {very small} solar system in a cabin in the woods. Currently two LA batteries, planning to put in 10 Valence batteries I just found, but not familiar with balancing or BMS. I would certainly appreciate help here.

I need one, do you have one?
I'm setting up-switching out a {very small} solar system in a cabin in the woods. Currently two LA batteries, planning to put in 10 Valence batteries I just found, but not familiar with balancing or BMS. I would certainly appreciate help here.
It'll be a few weeks before I get one up on eBay. Bidding will start at 800. Local demand has got me pretty busy right now. Here's a BMS setup that I put together recently. It's kind of long and more geared for the person who bought it so you probably want to skip around to save time.

What info do you need if I need one built. It’s a max draw of 52 amp draw. I have a 60 amp breaker installed for the trollling motor

What info do you need if I need one built. It’s a max draw of 52 amp draw. I have a 60 amp breaker installed for the trollling motor
I just need to know the number of batteries I assume
3?? and
System voltage 36v.
Maximum amperage draw 53
Maximum charge current ??
Whether or not you want the relay inside the box or outside and how far away it might be?
How far are the batteries will be from the gray box?
The wireless display is not waterproof I could mount it in the box with a clear window to see it.

The wireless display is not waterproof I could mount it in the box with a clear window to see it.
Gotta love the Junk Tech...lol. J/K. I am using one with my two Valance RT batteries and even with all of it's quirks I love it. As you noted the wireless range is not that great but from my experience it's fairly accurate.

I need to order another Juntek to go with my other battery pack and will be getting the 200amp one...hopefully. I might use it to control a relay and use that as a secondary HVD and LVD in conjunction with my BMS. I tested that function with my 100 amp Juntek and it works although I ended up not using a relay with my RT batteries.

Thanks for posting the video. :)

Gotta love the Junk Tech...lol. J/K. I am using one with my two Valance RT batteries and even with all of it's quirks I love it.
The quirk I hate the most is it's so easy to pause the meter without realizing it.

There's a different model non-wireless that has inductive pickup for DC and it has a feature that's very nice. When it gets to the upper voltage cut off it can reset the state of charge to 100%. That's pretty useful being able to recalibrate the state of charge meter often.

diy solar

diy solar
Back