diy solar

diy solar

Very new to solar but started purchasing items, not sure of the final specs of the whole system.

Not too shabby, now the decline towards winter as we pass the equinox.
I hope to have the last array done before the winter. I also need to get one more Victron, which is most likely a 450/100. I just checked usage again. The total usage is 96.1kWh, and PV production is 131.4kWh. I'm impressed with the EG4s. They have a smaller number of arrays but did 65.4kWh of PV.

Attachments

• eg4 2 usage.png
    eg4 2 usage.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 1
  • eg4 1 usage.png
    eg4 1 usage.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 1
  • eg4 44.png
    eg4 44.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 1
  • eg4 4.png
    eg4 4.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 1
I hope to have the last array done before the winter. I also need to get one more Victron, which is most likely a 450/100. I just checked usage again. The total usage is 96.1kWh, and PV production is 131.4kWh. I'm impressed with the EG4s. They have a smaller number of arrays but did 65.4kWh of PV.
How many KW panels do you have now? I know you've mentioned it but can't remember.
Your 1 day total is ~ my 3 day total with 10.85KW of panels, I'm impressed.
1000010313.jpg

How many KW panels do you have now? I know you've mentioned it, but I can't remember.
Your 1 day total is ~ my 3 day total with 10.85KW of panels, I'm impressed.
View attachment 223962
Considering my current array size, those numbers are great. It would be interesting to see what it can do if we get some extended cloudy days and the banks get down to 60% or less. We are in float almost every day between 12:00 and 1:00 p.m. across all banks.

70 Znshine and Trinia. I need to check on the exact watts, but the difference between them was like 5w so roughly 35,350w
35 Canadian bifacial rated at 520w. - 18,200
30 Canadian 455w - 13,650
It's roughly 67,200w at the moment. I have one more pallet to install, which is another 30 of the non-bifacial 455w. So, I should be around 80kw in the end.

Considering my current array size, those numbers are great. It would be interesting to see what it can do if we get some extended cloudy days and the banks get down to 60% or less. We are in float almost every day between 12:00 and 1:00 p.m. across all banks.

70 Znshine and Trinia. I need to check on the exact watts, but the difference between them was like 5w so roughly 35,350w
35 Canadian bifacial rated at 520w. - 18,200
30 Canadian 455w - 13,650
It's roughly 67,200w at the moment. I have one more pallet to install, which is another 30 of the non-bifacial 455w. So, I should be around 80kw in the end.
Sounds like an amazing setup in the end. ~ 1,400A of DC charging in ideal conditions, damn. 👍🏻👍🏻

Sounds like an amazing setup in the end. ~ 1,400A of DC charging in ideal conditions, damn. 👍🏻👍🏻
We definitely have plenty of mppts, but based on prior amps, I'm curious to see what it can do. Before all the changes running on 8 growatts, the max I have seen was just over 500 amps with the banks around 50%. Today, with the two banks at 93%, it was around 340 amps which is decent considering the soc. Bank two was already in float so I was not able to see what it was doing.

I found my old tablet and it's on Android 10; it ran the neey just fine but not the daly apk.
I tested Bluestacks, and daly functions perfectly, but it will not run neey regardless of which Android
instance I tried. I am playing around to see ways of having the daly online via Bluetooth when the
one-year fee registration expires. I need to ask about the pricing. I recommended they make the app free and sent
screens of Victron/EG4 showing what they provided.

Attachments

• blue stacks delay.png
    blue stacks delay.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 3
  • blue stacks delay 1.png
    blue stacks delay 1.png
    118 KB · Views: 3
I caught 6 nests being built this year, but this one was fast and already had laid eggs with 1/3 of the nest built. I try to check daily for the building when the season starts. The panels get heavily coated if I do not stay proactive about removal. I have 5 panels that are quite coated and need cleaning, but that's much better than last year.

Attachments

• P6230757.JPG
    P6230757.JPG
    376.6 KB · Views: 4
  • P6230756.JPG
    P6230756.JPG
    435.6 KB · Views: 4
  • P6230755.JPG
    P6230755.JPG
    362 KB · Views: 4
I got the second neey in and slowly increased the voltage on the new bank's top and bottom. They worked perfectly, staying within .009 going up and finally down to .001. The camera did not want to focus on the screens.

Attachments

• P6240758.JPG
    P6240758.JPG
    288.4 KB · Views: 3
  • P6240759.JPG
    P6240759.JPG
    361 KB · Views: 3
  • P6240760.JPG
    P6240760.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 3
  • P6240762.JPG
    P6240762.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 3
  • P6240763.JPG
    P6240763.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 3
I got the second neey in and slowly increased the voltage on the new bank's top and bottom. They worked perfectly, staying within .009 going up and finally down to .001. The camera did not want to focus on the screens.
Isn't there an app on your phone that lets you look at these numbers (to take screenshots with the power button + volume) , instead of taking a picture of a screen?

Is that near a record for production? Do you plan to add more panels?
Yeah new record at least for max output. Added an inverter window ac unit that's added about 500W more in load so expecting actual daily production to be about double going forward.

I would consider this 450/100 to be fully utilized, actually I'll have to remove one panel before winter or I'll be over 450. Planning on a second one soon. Wife has given green light for expansions not that I needed it but her blessing is always less internal stress.

Isn't there an app on your phone that lets you look at these numbers (to take screenshots with the power button + volume) , instead of taking a picture of a screen?
Most of my posts consist of screenshots from my phone and PC. But I did not want to touch the phone or tablet since this was my first time bringing these banks past 3.4v.

Yeah new record at least for max output. Added an inverter window ac unit that's added about 500W more in load so expecting actual daily production to be about double going forward.

I would consider this 450/100 to be fully utilized, actually I'll have to remove one panel before winter or I'll be over 450. Planning on a second one soon. Wife has given green light for expansions not that I needed it but her blessing is always less internal stress.
Tell her getting a second job will really help with the solar. If you can convince her, let me know how you did it, and I will try it.

I logged into the batrium upstairs to see how Bank 2 was doing. This is the second oldest bank; I have not taken over 3.4v since installation.
It only diverged to about .060 going, but the need handled it with no issues and balanced very quickly. I tested the delay by setting parameters that would stop the charge, and no issues occurred.

Attachments

• bank 2 coming down.png
    bank 2 coming down.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 1
I wanted to test some of the protection features of the Daly since it's still new to me. I tested differential cell protect, and sum volt protect. I tested on the new bank since the two older ones
would be difficult to repair if I caused them damage. Everything function perfectly I did not see any issues across the eg4 or mppts. It is certainly less dramatic than the batrium and abb shunt trip testing. Bluestacks is still working well and might be a viable way to connect. The last bank to balance is #1; you can see the difference.

Attachments

• testing bank 1 has not been balanced.png
    testing bank 1 has not been balanced.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 2
  • testing cell protection blue stacks 1.png
    testing cell protection blue stacks 1.png
    93 KB · Views: 2
  • testing cell protection blue stacks.png
    testing cell protection blue stacks.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 2

diy solar

diy solar