diy solar

diy solar

Victron 48V 275 amp switch

pctree

So it states it is good to up to 48V, can this be used with a 48V Lifepo4 battery which will have 56 V on it? if not any suggestions what I could use ?

Thanks

HI Dexter,

Sorry, our battery switch is rated up to 48v. So I would only use this kind of switch with 12 or 24v battery systems.
I asked them to update the spec sheet based on this.

EDIT: Request has been sent to HQ. Should be updated soon for further clarity.

Last edited:
Most of my customers use the breaker we have built into the batteries. What does your system comprise of?

It hasn't shipped yet, but the batteries will be EG4 48/100 LL's (sorry), so they'll have circuit breakers. I'll also have a 125-amp class T fuse on the positive lead from the rack. But I can see an advantage in having a dual-pole breaker on the battery-in cables to the inverter as well, so there's a quick shutoff rather than having to unlock the battery rack and then flip several breakers when sparks are flying.

Last edited:
Joe both of those options look Chinesium. Maybe I will just keep a set of bolt cutters next to the battery cables ...........

I have a Klein tools "Journeyman" cable cutter...highly recommend. can cut 4/0 with one hand. It takes less force than their massive cutters that are rated up to 600kcmil and have handles twice as long.

Back