diy solar

diy solar

!!! Victron finally released a 5kVA Multiplus-II for 120VAC in the US!

ill.behavior

It seemed like we were SOL on the >3000VA models in the US, with the only options being two in parallel or going with a Quattro, but they finally gave us a piece of the sweet Euro pie! Specs look awesome. Limited to 48V systems, but you get a small bump in efficiency along with much higher charging and transfer current. This is an incredible development for people like me who are working with limited space in the RV but want a bit higher output.

I saw it first on Current Connected, which I’m sure has the best customer service along with their free extended warranty, but it’s also available at other retailers. Inverter Supply has it for about $1810 with free shipping.

Last edited:
@HighTechLab do you happen to know of an ETA on the UL1741 certification?
I don't have an ETA, however, I will inquire today.

I saw it first on Current Connected, which I’m sure has the best customer service along with their free extended warranty, but it’s also available at other retailers. Inverter Supply has it for about $1810 with free shipping.
Our prices are in line with Victron's MAP (Minimum advertised price) and Invertersupply tends to be as well. Victron released a new price list on Monday so I'm sure they will have their site updated by the time they get their inventory in August.

On the other hand, we have inventory arriving next week.

Also we had price decreases on many of the Multiplus and Quattro inverters. Victron also dropped their prices on LiFePO4 batteries, so we will be adding those to our selection as well.

Last edited:
Thanks!
Our prices are in line with Victron's MAP (Minimum advertised price) and Invertersupply tends to be as well. Victron released a new price list on Monday so I'm sure they will have their site updated by the time they get their inventory in August.

Also we had price decreases on many of the Multiplus and Quattro inverters. Victron also dropped their prices on LiFePO4 batteries, so we will be adding those to our selection as well.
Looking forward to the updated products!

Any update on the 5kva multiplus and UL listing?

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet. Looks like Adam will be doing some videos on these inverters. They look pretty cool cool so far.

I imagine twin 5kva would be preferable to a 10kva Quattro accompanied by the auto transformer?

Can they be run in 3s for split phase or do they have to be 2, 4, 6, 8, etc?

I think 2-5kva would be doable price wise, but if they actually put out 4000w each then I’d definitely need more than 2. But they are a lot cheaper than Quattros (although 2-10kva Quattros would be nice!)

I imagine twin 5kva would be preferable to a 10kva Quattro accompanied by the auto transformer?

Can they be run in 3s for split phase or do they have to be 2, 4, 6, 8, etc?

I think 2-5kva would be doable price wise, but if they actually put out 4000w each then I’d definitely need more than 2. But they are a lot cheaper than Quattros (although 2-10kva Quattros would be nice!)
I would imagine you would need to keep them in pairs, but I don't have an actual answer.

From some of the reviews I've seen, the MP and the Quattros have pretty much the same features other than output capability and the Quattro has 2 AC IN connections. Some people that have done comparison videos have suggested that if you don't need the second AC IN, go with the MP.

I would imagine you would need to keep them in pairs, but I don't have an actual answer.

From some of the reviews I've seen, the MP and the Quattros have pretty much the same features other than output capability and the Quattro has 2 AC IN connections. Some people that have done comparison videos have suggested that if you don't need the second AC IN, go with the MP.
Just a bummer that the MP isn’t yet available in the 10kva version

Other differences is half the idle watt usage and larger wiring area (Quattro 5kVA basically has none). The Quattro 5kVA does have two battery connections per pole instead of one in that MP. I have two 5kVA Quattros I am configuring now for split phase.

Other differences is half the idle watt usage and larger wiring area (Quattro 5kVA basically has none). The Quattro 5kVA does have two battery connections per pole instead of one in that MP. I have two 5kVA Quattros I am configuring now for split phase.
Forgot all about those differences.

I'll tell you at 34W of idle capacity (between 2, 5kVAs and a cerbo running) I'm saving approx 3.4kWh a day compared to my 6500s. The larger wiring space was so much nicer to work in as well! No more bloody knuckles!

Back