diy solar

diy solar

Victron MPPT Changed to 12V on a 24V system

Greenan_Energy

So the other day I installed my 24V battery bank. I set the Mppt to 24V on the Victron smart setting. When I came back I noticed that there was very little charge in my battery. So when I checked out the settings in the mppt it had auto changed it to 12V. I'm not positive but there seemed to be 2 days of charging at 12V before the High voltage warning came on and stopped charging as its a 24V system. Am I being paranoid or is it possible it charged my battery at 12V for 2 days before the protection kicked in

Last edited:
What unit is a "Victron MPPT"?

I was reading another forum and this term was used too. Are you referring to all the Victron MPPT SCC in general or ??

I set the Mppt to 24V on the Victron smart setting.
I am trying to find the "Victron smart setting" on the Victron Connect app without luck. Where is this setting? I see an "Expert mode".

I am using Victron 100/30 in case that matters.

Sorry that wasn't the correct terminology. I meant to say I connected to my MPPT through the Victron connect app . Within the app I was given the option to choose 12V or 24V. I choose 24V but when I returned a week later there was a "high voltage warning" as the mppt seem to change it to 12V. So what I'm asking is, could it have tried to charge my 24V battery at a 12V setting. Thank you

with such setting you probably have not charged anything, and the battery loose a bit of energy due to the load connected.

with such setting you probably have not charged anything, and the battery loose a bit of energy due to the load connected.
Good point. I wonder if one needs to exit the "Settings" screen for the changes to be applied/saved. Or rather, if you close the app before closing the "Settings", do the changes get applied/saved?

If i get a chance to test this I will post the results.

Either way, its probably a good idea to relaunch the app and verify any changes. This is the first "possible" issue i've seen with the app.

Good point. I wonder if one needs to exit the "Settings" screen for the changes to be applied/saved. Or rather, if you close the app before closing the "Settings", do the changes get applied/saved?

If i get a chance to test this I will post the results.

Either way, its probably a good idea to relaunch the app and verify any changes. This is the first "possible" issue i've seen with the app.
Yeah I was kicking myself for not double checking. I've read the issue could be that I had everything wired and changed it to 24V up but then I disconnected it again to install a battery protect. Meaning it could have gone back to 12V when I reconnected it. Yeah please do let me know how you get on. Thanks man

Back