diy solar

diy solar

Victron Multiplus Compact flashing

JacquesC

So I have a Victron Multiplus Compact 24/2000 inverter which I got second hand, I set up with my batteries, I had it inverting and it seemed fine, then because I want to use it finally, I decided to configure it, I configured the mppt (also victron) no problem with a Bluetooth dongle and my phone but for the inverter I had to use a mk3-usb and at the start I couldn't get it connected to VEConfig or VictronConnect, eventually I did but I had to update the firmware, which I did, but when it finally updated it started flashing unusually at me, so the green and yellow (inverter and charger lights) are flashing then the red (alarm) light flashes and they are alternating, this happened after I clicked force detection after the initial firmware update was interrupted, so after it fully updated (v494) the flashing started... I have since managed to enter VEConfig and set that up as I wanted, but, the lights are still flashing and I don't know what to do... Any ideas?

After much trial, much error and much stress I've solved the issue... So I used VEFlash and tried a different firmware, the newest one is v494, I tried v474 and that didn't fix it, and I was getting a bit frustrated, I kept trying to update, in the end I found a non assistant firmware and that did the trick, I used the one closest to my inverter that I could find, so, if mid update, your victron inverter starts doing lightshows for you, dont panic, find an older version of your firmware, make sure it matches your inverter, so there are two types of Multi Compacts 19xxxxx and 26xxxxx so make sure the update you do is compatible with your inverter, I believe the two numbers after 26 or 19 also need to match up and after that it's the version number, I'm not an expert and I did have advice from a victron certified installer, so please don't just take my advice, talk to someone a bit more knowledgeable, but, if during a firmware update you get a led blinkathon, don't panic, its probably fixable

Back