diy solar

diy solar

Victron MultiPlus II (MPII) Power Share is awesome

corn18

Village Idiot
Was out at the camper doing some testing of my new Battle Born current limiter. It works great and my BMSs never go into protect mode now. No precharge required.

I know I can run one 15k A/C off my Champion 2500 inverter genset, but it cannot run that with the residential fridge. With the MPII and power share, I can run both on the Champion and have a few amps to spare to charge the batteries. The surge from the A/C or fridge compressor meant the Champion just didn't quite have enough to get them both powered up. But now that I have the MPII, the power share takes care of the surge load and they can both be on.

The nice thing about power share is I can also run the microwave when the A/C and fridge are running. The MPII just uses battery power to supplement the champion and it works great. I can also run both A/Cs and the fridge if I want to. That pulls about 86A from the batteries with no solar. I was getting 70A from the 1200W of solar, so with the solar on, I was only pulling about 16A from the batteries while running on the Champion 2500 with 2x15k A/Cs and the residential fridge on.

With all AC loads off, the genset was pushing 100A into the batteries through the MPII charger. So a charging machine.

Really happy I can now boondock with just a small genset. The MPII is awesome.

Yeah, my money-spendin' trigger finger was getting real itchy when i realized that some Victron inverters with that capability were not THAT expensive..

Glad to hear it's worked so well!

Back