diy solar

diy solar

VNSZNR on Amazon 90Ah sold as 105Ah

perryg114

Here is the link to what I bought https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09TDKWBT7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

The question is did I get what I paid for or is this a bait and switch. I will do a capacity test soon and let you know what I find.

Ok so I made my first battery purchase from VNSZNR on Amazon. Needed 100Ah with a 1C continuous rate with 3C impulse rate. The plan is to use some for solar RV power and some for a 48V system to power an EV. So I get them in and they are all within .1V of each other and I start looking at the QR codes. The codes say the battery is an LF90K nominal 90Ah battery not 105Ah. I believe there is a newer version of this battery called an LF105K but not 100% sure. I have
Attached is one of the QR codes that says.

02YCB64229000JB3D0004539

This sight will decode the serial # and tell you what it is you got. https://www.gobelpower.com/lifepo4_decoder.html

What it found is this

Code Check...
Code: 02Y-CB-64229-000JB-3D000-4539
Code seems right.
Code length is right.
Manufacturer: EVE Product Type: Battery Cell Battery Type: LiFePO4 Nominal Capacity: 90Ah (LF90K) Nominal Voltage: 3.2V Production Date: 13/Mar/2021 Manufacturer Website: https://www.evebattery.com

Qr CODE.jpg

Same thing happened to me, but on Aliexpress.
I know that ordering cells on Aliexpress is a gamble, but I took my precautions.

Advertised as a no-name 105Ah cell, I was expecting maybe used / grade B 105Ah cells:
SmartSelect_20220907-224804_Gallery.jpg

The pictures actually look like EVE 105AH cells, but again I was prepared to be somewhat disappointed.

Well, the cells arrived recently, well packaged, no damage, no swelling. That was a good surprise as many sellers on Aliexpress are one big scam.
20220824_152434.jpg
20220824_152528.jpg

When I checked the QR code, I was surprised that these are genuine EVE cells, but disappointed that they are only 90Ah.

Of course I did a capacity test and got 91Ah. I opened a dispute, but the seller said that I should have discharged to 2.0v (big No-No... it will ruin the cells and there isn't much capacity anyways between 2.5v and 2.0v).
I request a 15% refund, for the 15% capacity difference.

Seller actually admitted that the cells are 96Ah, and that he is willing to give a lower refund.
Aliexpress stepped in and wanted more proof, but I really didn't have the patience to do more testing.
So I ended up approving a lower refund.
That's just because these are pretty nice cells, look new and are actually EVE brand.
If they were used, or unbranded, I would probably be more assertive.
ALSO, the LF90k are stepped to more cycles than the LF105. I don't think they have a K model for the 105, so they are 3000 cycles, as opposed to 5-6000 for the LF90K.

I guess maybe EVE had a big stock of LF90K that they needed to get rid of, and these resellers jumped on the boat.

In the end, I ended paying a fair price for LF90K cells, as sold elsewhere.

See my post describing this order:

Thanks for the confirmation on that. Buyer beware. What did you end up paying per cell after all was said and done? Mine were not cheap since I paid Amazon prices. I will probably return them. I just tested mine and got 92Ah at a .3C rate.

Back