diy solar

diy solar

Voltage at the AC input terminals, SPF 3000TL LVM-ES 3kW

Skyerunner

Hello,

I have a SPF 3000TL LVM-ES 3kW Growatt all in one. The unit it grounded, I have PV input (130-155v). It's not keeping up with the fridge in the cloudy weather, so I decided to add some help from the grid and plug it into the wall. However, I have voltage at the INPUT terminals for the AC input. Yes, I know the difference between the input and the output. I even checked with other units to make sure that mine was not wired/labeled differently from other like models.

I also believe that there is a voltage leak somewhere. I had removed the grounding wire when I removed the face place to connect the AC input wires. In the process I discovered that the ground AC input terminal had 120v! I reconnected the ground wire and set to testing the voltage on the terminals. The voltage is higher with just batteries connected than if I only have the PV connected. Line to ground, Neutral to Ground. With no grounding of the unit and batteries connected I read 120vac on the ground terminal. at that point I hooked the ground back up to the unit and continued on. However, I did not install the AC input plug because there is voltage at the terminals. I did contact Ian. He had some suggestions, but none of them helped to get the input terminals cold. The line terminal still had 25-27volts.

I think something is either fried, or not wired correctly inside

Back