diy solar

diy solar

Voltage Drop

theJ

Our setup:
Silicone salt battery in series 250AH 12V wired in 48V configuration 6G wire on batteries
MPP Solar 6548 single-unit
4 380-watt bifacial Panels

I'm currently observing some unexpected behavior with the battery readings. Initially, the battery reads a full voltage of 57.4, showing as 100%. However, as the charging amps decrease, the battery voltage also drops steadily, reaching 54 volts while still indicating a 100% charge. The attached spreadsheet illustrates this trend.

Despite a consistent active power usage, the battery voltage experiences a notable decline when both solar input and charging amps diminish. This leads to my query: Is this the anticipated outcome? I would presume that the battery voltage should not be affected under these conditions.

The scenario details include an apparent load of 96 watts, a solar input of 32 watts, and a charging amperage of 0. Intriguingly, the discharge current on the battery is reported as 0.

Not familiar with those batteries but if you are checking voltage with a load and while charging your numbers might be all over the place.

What is the SOC rating for those batteries?

Back