diy solar

diy solar

Voltronic/MPP Solar/Pow Mr Inverter any good? Work in Parallel?

unseengundam

I am looking into another set of inverters to try for my next project. I was thinking about buying Voltronic clone inverter like MPP Solar/Pow Mr (or even import from China). They have stacking/Parallel support so I am thinking of getting 3-5 of them and Parallel that to an AutoTransformer (to get 120/240 split phase).

I am sure a couple you must buy and try them out since fairly cheap can be found under $500. Did they work out well and last a few years? Or do they simply not work and die pretty quickly?

My thinking is even if 1 or 2 of them die, at least 2 of them are still hooked up. I have been trying quite a few inverters (like Sol-Ark, Megarevo, Radian, etc) but not satisfied with especially due to malfunctions even though they cost a lot more.

Thanks

I have lots of problems with MPP solar hybrid MGX 5048 inverter. Got 8 yo put in parallel.....but it simple do not work! MPP suporte fails to solve this problem! So never buy MPP

I have lots of problems with MPP solar hybrid MGX 5048 inverter. Got 8 yo put in parallel.....but it simple do not work! MPP suporte fails to solve this problem! So never buy MPP
kind of utterly pointless to post this same message in every topic regarding mpp solar/voltronics and are quite satisfied with their equipment
as you may have seen , lots of folks have no issues parallelling.
the mgx is an older inverter, maybe time to upgrade ?

I too have problems with LVX6048 in parallel mode. Works for a while then both go offline. I see Mpp stated there was a hardware issue, but No fix as of yet. Anyone know what they plan to do to fix the issue?

I have the same issue, 2 X MGX5048s and they would not parallel from new, Changed the Parallel cards, the LCD Panels and still get F81.. I must say I dont think I will be getting anymore MPP Solar products or recommending to any of my customers.

BTW, according to Signature Solar, Voltronic makes for many brands.

• What happened: An unauthorized minor component hardware change was made at the Voltronic factory on the standard 6500 and 6000w rectifiers inside the All-in-one inverters; We use the same factory as MPP solar, Sungold, Rich Solar, and other 6000/6500 units, Our units are specced with exclusive money-saving added features but this issue came down to Rectifier management; the firmware starved the rectifier by not allowing battery power to be prioritized on a board level. This caused the rectifier in PV charge and some grid circumstances to shift frequency slightly and make lights flicker.

BTW, according to Signature Solar, Voltronic makes for many brands.

• What happened: An unauthorized minor component hardware change was made at the Voltronic factory on the standard 6500 and 6000w rectifiers inside the All-in-one inverters; We use the same factory as MPP solar, Sungold, Rich Solar, and other 6000/6500 units, Our units are specced with exclusive money-saving added features but this issue came down to Rectifier management; the firmware starved the rectifier by not allowing battery power to be prioritized on a board level. This caused the rectifier in PV charge and some grid circumstances to shift frequency slightly and make lights flicker.
this isnt new..
what is important , is that not every brand is made with tha same components

I too have problems with LVX6048 in parallel mode. Works for a while then both go offline. I see Mpp stated there was a hardware issue, but No fix as of yet. Anyone know what they plan to do to fix the issue?
after several firmware upgrades it seems to be working with ver 63.06 Support is slow and I am thinking most technical questions go back to Voltronics for support and delays the response. I wish that my BMS was supported by the LVX6048 I am having issue with my offgrid system with bms cut off on low voltage and the LVX start charging again

It seems like some of their product line are not well-sorted like the 6048 whereas others are very good, for example the LV6548 series seems to be particularly robust.

Back