diy solar

diy solar

Wanting to upgrade my Mpp lv5048 to EG4 or Growatt opinion needed

Schweg2

Guys, I need to upgrade my current 5048 as I'm maxing it out occasionally.
I was looking at the EG4 6000 EX-48HV split phase, getting 2 of them and wiring in parallel.
Or would the Growatt SPF 12000 split phase be a better option?

What's your thoughts? What's the pros and cons. The Growatt would be cheaper, I assume it would use less standby power? I could turn off one EG4 and use it as needed when loads called for it.
I'm strictly off grid and have a 560ah of lithium and 5kw of panels at the moment.
I get by fine in the summer, in the winter I have to run the gen-set occasionally to charge the batteries.

Thanks!

If 12k is all that you will ever need. The Growatt will be fine. If you may want to expand in the future. The EG4 is a better option. Because it is stackable.

Those Growatt transformer based units have a fantastic output but they consume some serious power in standby not doing much. The LV/SP6548 units also have a very stout output but you would need 2 to get your 240 volts. Get the 250 volt PV input versions if you can as they have a better track record and around 60 watts idle consumption each.

Those Growatt transformer based units have a fantastic output but they consume some serious power in standby not doing much. The LV/SP6548 units also have a very stout output but you would need 2 to get your 240 volts. Get the 250 volt PV input versions if you can as they have a better track record and around 60 watts idle consumption e

How much standby power are we talking between the 2? I looked at the cut sheet but can't seem to find that listed.
Would 2 EG4 be similar to 1 Growatt 12000 in standby power?

How much standby power are we talking between the 2? I looked at the cut sheet but can't seem to find that listed.
Would 2 EG4 be similar to 1 Growatt 12000 in standby power?

Your looking at ~75-100w tar load ( Idle consumption ) for a single unit on budget hardware, per inverter

What kind of idle consumption would the Growatt 12k be?

Post #52/54 state 133W/155W and likely when fans are running more.

12000T around 150w, LV6548 etc 60w each for the older 250v PV input versions. So if you end up connecting 2 for 240 volt output then you're at 120 w.
So I guess it depends what you like to look of more.

Back