diy solar

diy solar

Warning Sun GTIL 2000 dont buy

exberner

I have buyed 2 SUN Gtil 2000 from Aliexpress. I used the inverter as battery-inverter on my 16kw LIFEPO4 storage.
After a normal grid outage the inverter gets a AC-Shortage and one IC is burnt. The inverter works only 3 month. The seller will not send me a spare Inverter or a new Mainboard.
They will only send the burnt IC but without any schematics. This is like try and error repair. These chinese sellers are not serios and when you would not like repair chinese electronic waste dont buy one of these Inverters, special from Jesudom Brasil store. I am not alone with this problem, a was in contact with a youtuber and he told me, he has 5 of this models with the same problem and he was not be able to repair it.
It would be nice to have a database where such problems are documented so that the Chinese can't trick any more customers.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto_2024-01-04_21-31-54.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto_2024-01-04_21-31-54.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 7
Ouch. I've never hear of a company sending a single ic to be put in by the customer.

I realise this is after the fact, but you have to assume when it comes to Ali stuff that, whether true or not, you get what you get at the time of sale and anything else is a bonus.

While the GTIL build quality varies by factory, they're generally fine. Mine have been in service since 2020 through many grid fluctuations.

It sounds like you're SOL from your particular reseller and will just have to bite the bullet on a new board or whole unit from another seller, but before you do anything else, if you have not already done so you should install a whole home surge protector in your breaker panel to protect the AC side of not only your GTILs but everything else in your house, otherwise it's just a matter of time.

Here's an example one for CH panels but they exist for all variations (Eaton,SquareD, etc).

My example is USA based, but no doubt there is a German DIN based equivalent.

e.g.

Last edited:
I have buyed 2 SUN Gtil 2000 from Aliexpress. I used the inverter as battery-inverter on my 16kw LIFEPO4 storage.
After a normal grid outage the inverter gets a AC-Shortage and one IC is burnt. The inverter works only 3 month. The seller will not send me a spare Inverter or a new Mainboard.
They will only send the burnt IC but without any schematics. This is like try and error repair. These chinese sellers are not serios and when you would not like repair chinese electronic waste dont buy one of these Inverters, special from Jesudom Brasil store. I am not alone with this problem, a was in contact with a youtuber and he told me, he has 5 of this models with the same problem and he was not be able to repair it.
It would be nice to have a database where such problems are documented so that the Chinese can't trick any more customers.

Back