diy solar

diy solar

WATTS247 Black Friday Special

Nope. Very few inverters do ac coupling and they are expensive
Let me clarify. I'm not going to run the inverter as my main connection. I'm going to connect it to a subpanel and manually turn off the grid breaker. So I that case, I think I might be OK not to have it AC coupled. Not sure how either way will work with the microinverters

Let me clarify. I'm not going to run the inverter as my main connection. I'm going to connect it to a subpanel and manually turn off the grid breaker. So I that case, I think I might be OK not to have it AC coupled. Not sure how either way will work with the microinverters
The problem is the micro inverters will push all their power to the grid. If the "grid"it's being created by another inverter that inverter has to be able to tell the microinverters to shut off when the batteries are full and there are no loads, otherwise the smoke will come out.

Off grid inverters don't have a way to control microinverters.

The problem is the micro inverters will push all their power to the grid. If the "grid"it's being created by another inverter that inverter has to be able to tell the microinverters to shut off when the batteries are full and there are no loads, otherwise the smoke will come out
It doesn't work like that.
Micro inverters turn their output off when the grid goes down for safety, not to stop them blowing up.

It doesn't work like that.
Micro inverters turn their output off when the grid goes down for safety, not to stop them blowing up.
If you have an offgrid inverter creating a stable 60hz signal for the micro inverters, they will turn on will turn on and push power into the "grid"(micro grid)

diy solar

diy solar
Back