diy solar

diy solar

WAY off topic

eddie1261

Solar Enthusiast
Who has tattoos that can give me some advice and ensure me that a small tattoo isn't going to make me cry like a little bitch? Private message me please.

depends where you get it.
This would be on my leg, just above the knee, right where the quad muscle ends. I just had knee surgery and I want to get a sewing needle with thread hanging from it right at the top of the 8 inch scar. I asked a few people and they all said that as basic as this is, it would be like 10 minutes in the chair. I can take 10 minutes of pain. What has been hard is that people who are telling me "Tattoos don't hurt" have 16 of them..... This is my first and likely only, just to memorialize the knee reconstruction surgery. And because I think it will be funny.

• Love
Reactions: rkw
the more meat the less pain plus it depends on your pain threshold

the more meat the less pain plus it depends on your pain threshold

I get anesthetic when I get my hair cut...... LOL!!!

Actually I once had an abscess in my armpit drained with NO anesthetic. It only hurts once and pain is temporary. The scar on my left shin is from Vietnam, so I can handle this 10 minutes of needle time.

Reactions: rkw
my lovely wife has several tattoos, two in what i think of as a tender spot. They are like stress therapy for her.

I asked & she said that sounds like a straightforward tattoo but if you don't have a lot of meat (laughed reading that above) and it's more bone than flesh it could hurt a bit. She added that these days they use a lighter touch on them so pain can be greatly reduced.

My thoughts were, i had a total hip replacement 18 months ago, the scar is still touch sensitive in spots. So my mind went straight to OUCH then to "... what a cool idea" , i could surprise her getting a first tat like you mention.

This is what I want to get right at the top of the scar. You are looking at it in the orientation you would see it on my leg.

tattoo 1.jpg

I had a total hip replacement 18 months ago, the scar is still touch sensitive in spots.

Really? 18 months after the fact the scar is still sensitive? I guess it has to do with how many nerve endings are in the affected area. I am 7 weeks out from surgery and my scar is fine. The only thing that bothers my knee right now is that I am a dumbass and slipped on my back steps last week while carrying my old arthritic dog inside at 5am after her morning duties (doodies?). It is 14 year old pressure treated wood and when it rains it gets a little mossy and slimy, and down I went. Landed the new knee right on the edge of the top platform, all while doing gyrations to NOT drop the dog. She ended up being placed down with a little more force than usual but on all 4 feet. Those steps have since been washed with a bleach solution, something I should have done about 14 times over 14 years but never did.

You remember That 70s Show where the father called the son "dumbass" somewhere in every episode? That'd be me. I do something dumb like that about every other week or so.

Last edited:
Who has tattoos that can give me some advice and ensure me that a small tattoo isn't going to make me cry like a little bitch? Private message me please.
I have tattoos, but I can't assure you anything. Every person has their own pain threshold, and some body parts are way more sensitive than others, and tattooists vary in how well they manage their clients' pain. So many variables. Anyone who says tattoos don't hurt is lying, but how much this tattoo hurts you is not knowable. Just go for it. Cry like a little bitch if you must - real men cry. :)

Back