diy solar

diy solar

Weeks like this remind me how much I love solar

Jennifer

Ahhhhhh I love the smell of fresh current streaming through my 4/0....... I drove into town today to get mail, dark as the night inside the business'es, all closed.... I had to ask and was told the power's been out for 2 days and not expected back on for another two... they asked "where the hell have you been, under a rock?"..... and as I noticed the sweat drip down their face I smiled and said "NO, I had no idea.... I'm 100% off grid on solar and as to where I've been, I've been in my recliner, under my AC, enjoying my 60" TV, ice cold Corona, and Starlink internet, but it's quite apparent where you've been.... HELL, I hope you enjoy your stay"... later... and I left..

To all those who laugh at us as we hang off the edges of our roofs hanging panels.... HA!!!!!! Suckers!!!!!! The smell is even more victorious when there's a double heat alert on and all those who you tried to talk to about solar laughed in your face.

Jen

1630357718734.png

1630357867833.png

Last edited:
Smarter than those without power :)
Ohhh I can SO RELATE ! A couple of years back just as I finally got off grid, the area here had 19 Power Outtages - what a lovely year, the dairy farmers were so overjoyed... I'm 1700' up on a Ridge at 3 valley's - I had lights and comforts while below was darkness, yet there were the odd glimmers of light (other smart folks with battery systems) and people used to churtle at solar.... Few days ago, another Big Outtage BUT lots of little twinkling lights in the valley, well slather me molasses & tie me to an Ant Hill, they all have these odd panels here & there - well gosh golly darn, have they "Seen the Light" I guess so. Even Farms (Barns & More) are developing Panelitis and it's a Major Breakout too !

Those that Churtled & Scoffed now just don't say anything and pretend like they never did. Yet they still rant & rave over EV's and Wind Turbines & Solar Fields and some still hard on their Gas/Oil/Coal love yet... they don't see what's in front of their noses. Makes one shake head & wonder...

Smarter than those without power :)
so true, just HAD to laugh at your words.....and enjoy them

we had a heavy thunder storm (and 3 inches of rain) last week or so and my wife noticed the clock on the electric range was off and said: the power is off (range is on the grid as it is 240v and my inverter is 120v only at the moment).

she looked at me and mentioned: you are smiling!

me: yep

Last edited:
we had a heavy thunder storm (and 3 inches of rain) last week or so and my wife noticed the clock on the electric range was off and said: the power is off (range is on the grid as it is 240v and my inverter is 120v only at the moment).
she looked at me and mentioned: you are smiling!
me: yep
The scariest part is when the entire town relies on power supplied by a company that can't even spell... LOL 1630430236753.png

Those that Churtled & Scoffed now just don't say anything and pretend like they never did. Yet they still rant & rave over EV's and Wind Turbines & Solar Fields and some still hard on their Gas/Oil/Coal love yet... they don't see what's in front of their noses. Makes one shake head & wonder...
When I was living in BC, getting off of BC Hydro was such an awesome feeling... I can totally relate to your experience as well.... everyone was saying "it's just easier to be on hydro" till they come knocking when the power goes out "can I charge my phone" hahaha

I love solar

I think this guy does too...

Heart-shaped-solar-panel-installation-770x460.jpg

I think this guy does too...

OMG That is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!

reamin calm, power will return soon?

what a solar punk!

sunny skies ? full batteries

Back