diy solar

diy solar

Weird EG4 behaviour

PapaK

Yesterday I took my batteries out of their rack (6) and then put them back together in the same locations with the same dips. My bottom 4 batteries in one day went to a red light with 1 SOC light showing and my top two batteries showed 4 SOC lights but my inverted kicked off. This is way more energy then I would typically use so I wasn’t watching closely before this happened. But when the inverter shut down I went to investigate.

The weird thing is that the top 2 batteries with the 4 SOC lights dropped to 45v! And the bottom 4 with no SOC lights are at 57.9 It’s completely backwards and I’m worried the bms is toasting the batteries while it’s thinking everything is backwards.

I’ve attached a picture of one of the batteries

Attachments

• IMG_3029.jpeg
    IMG_3029.jpeg
    246 KB · Views: 11
I would test each battery individually with the inverter (set as master with no slaves).

Assuming each works normally and gets fully charged (all same voltage), then add one slave battery at a time. Test that master plus one slave works. Then add 2nd slave, etc.

You should be able to do this without rewiring. Move ethernet cables and change dip settings. Turn off batteries not being tested.

Back