diy solar

diy solar

What can I use on this system please?

OFFGRIDFARMUM

IMG_20221201_085706.jpg
Hi. There, I'm taking over the solar system because my partner has to work off site.
I don't know what the numbers mean.
The load is what is being used I think. Which baseline us just the freezer.
It's a really basic system for our caravan.
Is the battery what power is stored and how can I figure out if I have enough power for example to run a juicer for 5 mins without running too low?
Is the PV how much is currently charging?
Any help much appreciated.
Kind regards

Not enough information on the monitor it's only showing a 24 volt system charging a battery bank that's at 24.9 volts which is getting close to most you want to drain from the battery bank. However using a juicer for 5 minutes should be o k try not to let the voltage drop below 24 volts that's around 50% depth of discharge.

Here is a battery state of charge chart you may find of value. A couple of points for discussion. Your system might need a bit of tuning? With a solar charging voltage of only 26.7V your batteries might not be capable of reaching 100% charge. Do you know what the incoming voltage maxes out at when fully charged? For my own batteries, I have the max voltage set at 29.4V, significantly higher that what is coming in to your system.

As CWS is mentioning, there just isn't enough info here to make good advice. Do you know if the display on your unit can be toggled over to amps and watts instead of volts? That will provide additional details we would need. Do you have the specifications for your batteries? That would document the appropriate charging voltages. Questions to ask once your partner arrives home from work.

1669996240504.png

Back