diy solar

diy solar

What do I need here?

Bluedog225

Texas
Good afternoon. I’m making the connection between my rack batteries and my Quattro.

I’m putting the wires into a box to protect them and for appearance. This big metal box was made for something else.

The knockouts look to be about 1 inch and larger. What’s the name of the thing I need to protect the wires from the rough metal edges and clamp them into place?

Or should I be using something like liquid tight conduit and fittings?

And one more question, can I run positive and negative through the same hole since they’re so large?

Thanks

Ps-after all that worry about whether I should use ferrules or not, the Victron has lugs. Ha!IMG_8848.jpegIMG_8847.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8846.jpeg
    IMG_8846.jpeg
    630 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hey Bluedog:

The box connectors will do the job but for added safety, there are plastic bushings that will screw on to the threads of the connector protruding into the box. They will allow the big wires to make a softer turn into the box

Bob

Great. I’ll see what I can find. Are the plastic bushings in addition to or instead of the box connectors?

Thanks all!

I don't see any reason you couldn't use cable glands / cord grips as an alternative to the cable clamp.
I need to order more, I use them frequently.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231209-210022.jpg
    Screenshot_20231209-210022.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 5
they are in addition to the metal connectors. They are threaded so that they threaded on to the portion of the connector protruding inside the box.
Lowe's has them.

Back