diy solar

diy solar

What do I set my EPEVER charge controller parameters at?

Scogin

What do I set my EPEVER Tracer4215BN charge controller parameters at? I Have two LiTime 12V 230Ah LiFePO4 batteries hooked up in series for a 24 volt system.

What do I set my EPEVER Tracer4215BN charge controller parameters at? I Have two LiTime 12V 230Ah LiFePO4 batteries hooked up in series for a 24 volt system.

Your new batteries are likely only at 30% charge. They need to be charged and balanced before you can reliably place them in series.

First, you charge each of the 12V to 14.4V and hold for two hours.

Then you charge them in parallel to 14.4V and hold them for two hours.

Then you place them in series for 24V.

If you want a slow charge that maximizes cycle life: 27.6V boost, 120 minute boost duration
If you want a fast charge to minimize charge time: 28.8V boost, 30 minutes boost duration.
Float: 27V

temperature compensation should be 0 or disabled.

equalization should be same as boost and/or disabled and/or set to 0 time.

Your new batteries are likely only at 30% charge. They need to be charged and balanced before you can reliably place them in series.

First, you charge each of the 12V to 14.4V and hold for two hours.

Then you charge them in parallel to 14.4V and hold them for two hours.

Then you place them in series for 24V.

If you want a slow charge that maximizes cycle life: 27.6V boost, 120 minute boost duration
If you want a fast charge to minimize charge time: 28.8V boost, 30 minutes boost duration.
Float: 27V

temperature compensation should be 0 or disabled.

equalization should be same as boost and/or disabled and/or set to 0 time.
Appreciate your post. I have a 4215BN on order which will end up feeding ~ 10KWh of LFP batteries in a 24V setup.

Back