diy solar

diy solar

What do these actaully mean?

IRMartini

In my lux power website data energy section are some very useful entries I've been using for analysis however there are two items in here I don't understand what they are even with a description!

I understand these no problem
E_pv1(kWh): Energy generated by PV string1
E_pv2(kWh): Energy generated by PV string2
E_charge(kWh): Energy used for battery charge
E_discharge(kWh): Energy output by battery discharging
E_eps(kWh): Energy output via EPS
EnergyToGrid(kWh): Feed-in energy
EnergyToUser(kWh): Energy import from grid

What do these actually mean?

E_inv(kWh): Energy output via AC output
E_rec(kWh): Energy of AC charge

Can anyone have a go at explaining these in a way I can understand please?

The first would appear to be your AC output in kWh. Sorta like what you get from a house meter from the grid but instead it is from the AIO.
The second is likely the kWh taken from AC input to charge the battery. Say you have a 48vAC battery that in AC bypass it charges at 20 amps. This would be 20a X 55vDC=1100w. Over time it adds up to watt hours.

Just a guess.

I understand what your saying with the first one but wouldn't it be the same as EnergyToUser(kWh) - energy imported form the grid?

The second one I think you have hit the nail on the head , I've just checked and its zero or as near to zero as makes no difference which makes sense as I have charging from AC disabled on my inverter. (as I currently don't have cheaper overnight tariff)

Thanks (y)

I understand what your saying with the first one but wouldn't it be the same as EnergyToUser(kWh) - energy imported form the grid?
I'd say "no".... I would interpret the values like this...

EnergyToGrid(kWh): Feed-in energy
The energy that you export to your DNO from the house - i.e. the electricity that you (may) get paid for.

EnergyToUser(kWh): Energy import from grid
The energy that comes from your DNO to the house - i.e. the electricity that you pay for.

E_inv(kWh): Energy output via AC output
The energy that your inverter delivers to your house, some of which may get exported if the house load is less than the inverter's output.

Hence, over any given period of time, as you're not charging from AC then...
E_inv(kWh): Energy output via AC output = House energy usage + EnergyToGrid(kWh): Feed-in energy - EnergyToUser(kWh): Energy import from grid

or put simpler, if House usage < Inverter generation then
E_inv(kWh): Energy output via AC output = House energy usage + EnergyToGrid(kWh): Feed-in energy

if House usage > Inverter generation then
E_inv(kWh): Energy output via AC output = House energy usage - EnergyToUser(kWh): Energy import from grid

if House usage = Inverter generation then
E_inv(kWh): Energy output via AC output = House energy usage

I think the confusion is the wording "EnergyToUser". It is NOT energy to user from the inverter, just energy to user from the grid.

Last edited:
Just a quick follow up, this is what i got back from LuxPower

E_Inv (kWh): Energy converted from DC to AC

E_Rec (kWh): Energy converted from AC to DC

Back