diy solar

diy solar

What iPhone app to use for 2019 ANT BMS

Tunnerus

After deleting the “Smart BMS” app I used in the summer 2022, I can’t seem to find a single working iPhone app for the ANT BMS. The “ANT BMS” is stuck forever in “Connecting…”, see image.
IMG_0959.png
I have used an ANT BMS 8S with 100 Ah Winston lifepo for a few years now, and for some reason the iPhone app has always accumulated data in the phone until it has grown to 4-5 Gb of phone storage space.

The way to fix it has been delete the app, then reinstall. Last year I used an app called ‘smart BMS’ but this is no longer on the AppStore. The ANT BMS app I cannot get to function with my BMS

Any thoughts? Would like to be able to at least see the parameters and the SOC and whether amps are going in or coming out….

Last edited:
I have exactly this problem and have not found out a way to fix this.
Please, does anyone have an idea?

I don't have specific help ad I use android.

If you select "device list" does anything show? This is my list of 3 ANT BMS's. The bottom one ending in MUB is the only one that will connect to this latest app. The latest app uses bluetooth low energy. The other 2 only connect to the older app that uses std bluetooth.

Screenshot_20230628_213011_Photos.jpg

You did mention 2019 so should be older bluetooth only. Don't know how to force iphone to use a certain app.

You did mention 2019 so should be older bluetooth only. Don't know how to force iphone to use a certain app.
Is there an ‘older’ bluetooth? I am not familiar with older or newer BTs, is there a setting in the ANT BMS to address this ?

There is bluetooth and there is bluetooth low energy (BLE). From my experience the ANT app only uses one protocol so not adjustable.

For Android the app was very different in appearance than the iPhone app. When they changed the hardware design, 2020?, the Android app was changed to look like the iPhone app. The old app only connects using bluetooth and the newer app only connects using BLE. So i have both apps installed to connect to my ANT's.

Old ANT
20230703_074043.jpg

Newer ANT
20230703_074229.jpg

Back