diy solar

diy solar

What is a "dedicated AC combiner box"?

Zakharov

Two dedicated AC combiner boxes are in the recommended configuration for running two EG4 18Ks in parallel. This seems to be different from a PV combiner box which I think operates at lower voltages. Is this just a box containing taps to split the 120v P1 and P2 on input side, and another box containing a tap to combine the neutral on the output side? Or is it an actual device one can purchase? My searches have only turned up PV combiners...

Doubtful that there is a special box already made for the purpose. You would want to check with the EG4 folks to get an explanation of purpose and setup. If your manual does not contain a recommended wiring diagram request one.

PV combiner boxes used to parallel PV strings could have substantially higher DC voltage from PV versus a 240vAC output so it is not a matter of voltage rather a matter of purpose.

Thanks for the reply. The wiring diagram is where I saw the Combiner Panel, see attached. I will contact EG4 to ask for an explanation and/recommendation.

Attachments

• IMG_8567.jpeg
    IMG_8567.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 16
I see. One box for AC in an another for AC out. That is what they mean by dedicated so there is not both AIO incoming and outgoing in the same panel.

Back