diy solar

diy solar

What is correct way to charge 16 lifepo cells in series

ddonq1412

I have a 60v 5amp bench power supply. I currently have 16 cells in series and a neey 15amp balancer. Looking to bypass the Parrallel charging as it takes a week to complete. What is the best way to connect so I don't damage any cells or cause sparking. The pack is currently at 51v.

If you are charging in series you will need a BMS in place to protect individual cells - so wired the same as you would if you were using the cells with an inverter. What are you trying to achieve? Not sure I understand the question.

My seplos BMS is not reading the right side of cells. So was trying to start charging the cells to I got a new bms.

Sounds like you wish to top balance using the NEEY while charging the pack while in the Series configuration. What SeaGal said. (y) You must either use a BMS (with its internal balance function OFF) or manually check each cell with a meter every couple of minutes.

Its surprising how fast a cell can "run" up in voltage when its the first to hit full charge while the others are still absorbing.

Specifically I would set the power supply to 56V for LiFePO4 and set Amps to 5. Assuming your battery pack is larger than 25Ah so the charge rate does not exceed 0.2C.

My seplos BMS is not reading the right side of cells. So was trying to start charging the cells to I got a new bms.
I'm really sorry if I'm having a blonde moment, but neither of those sentences make any sense to me :(

I have a 60v 5amp bench power supply. I currently have 16 cells in series and a neey 15amp balancer. Looking to bypass the Parrallel charging as it takes a week to complete. What is the best way to connect so I don't damage any cells or cause sparking. The pack is currently at 51v.
60v 5amp charger?
Errr........your neey 15A can easily balance all cells with small input 5A into that pack..........just charge it in series at 55.2V. Set balance start voltage at 3.45v and stop voltage at 3.44V

Back