diy solar

diy solar

What is wrong with the setup of the equipment in this photo?

MaikaiLifeDIY

Solar Enthusiast
This is not a quiz or a trick question, just looking for anyone's honest feedback regarding what they think is incorrect about this setup of EG4 batteries.

1714088840566.png

The only thing I notice off hand is the comms cable stops at the battery and doesn’t connect to an inverter or other part of the system. (Though it doesn’t appear it’s connected to a system either)
I initially thought there was a rogue negative but it looks like the bus is in the middle of the stack based on the positive side.
I’ve never owned an eg4 battery so other particulars idk. Breakers all match, power indicators all match, wiring all matches

Relatively small gauge wire daisy chaining positive and negative.
Might be around sufficient for current of one battery, not for max capability of all in parallel. So for extended hours, not higher amps.

Tapped in the middle as g00se observed, so two of those wires in parallel.
If tapping bat+ in middle, suggest bat- from the two ends.

I'm not sure about the wheel's weight rating, but one thing that caught my attention is the bus in the middle with the current of three batteries traversing through the leaders over two more batteries to the bus.

This photo shows a completed job by a solar installer in my community. I wanted to confirm if others noticed the same details as I did. Thanks to everyone for participating! 👍

Back