diy solar

diy solar

What panels and how many you using on your Eco-Worthy Tracker?

Mkgough

Solar Dude
I am curious for anyone using an Eco-Worthy Solar Tracker what panels and sizes you are using. I have 2 of them now and used 3 different panels on them. Size REALLY matters for these to maximize quantity of panels and output.

One is loaded with 3 x 365watt panels where I had to add 6” to each cross member for them to fit. Bows a tad, but works

The other has 4 BourgeRV 200watt N bi-facial panels, could fit 5, but not 6, panels are too wide.

Then I had 6 Rich Solar 200 watt panels that used to be on one which are the perfect size to max out on 6 panels at 1200 watts.

So what are you all using to maximize solar watts?

Only half-channel unistruts, no back support, no trusses; it looks like a flimsy toy array. No thank you. Your panels will disappear in the first major storm.

Here are some pics of one of my array mounts, currently holding six 250W panels.

Attachments

• six panel array.jpg
    six panel array.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    306 KB · Views: 5
Only half-channel unistruts, no back support, no trusses; it looks like a flimsy toy array. No thank you. Your panels will disappear in the first major storm.

Here are some pics of one of my array mounts, currently holding six 250W panels.
So we just had a Tornado. One through Temple and had 120mph at my place and the tracker was unscathed and no broken panels when it went flat. So I have to disagree, it did shockingly well in a beyond serious storm

diy solar

diy solar
Back