diy solar

diy solar

What surge protector should I use?

Fingers

My No1 solar array kicks out max 187volt.
My No2 solar array kicks out max 297volt.
My Sunsynk inverter mppt is 150 to 425volt, input 500volt max.

Can someone please tell me what surge protector I need for each array; bearing in mind the inverter has to be protected up to 500volts max.

Thanks guys, but I was looking for din modules, as I seriously lack space on my wall.

I think folks have been buying these din modules without knowing the operating voltage (panel max volts) or protection start point; which I think should be just a little higher than the max panel voltage.

For example, on ebay we see them with ucpv1000v (update: ucpv could mean the start point of the operating range is only 50volts less than the stated Ucpv!), which is no good for my inverter that has a max 500v input.
So if I'm correct, I should use a uc200v and a uc300v?
Any lower than those values will rob power from the panels, and any higher could risk frying the inverter?

Last edited:
Information found, and It looks like I was right.
I've made the picture to keep on my pc as a reminder.

TAIXI-SURGE.jpg
The above is my interpretation of SPD's, I hope I have it right, if I don't please let me know.

Edited:
On higher voltage SPD's we see UCPV instead of Un and Uc, this is because the start of the Operating voltage is very close to the enad of the Operating voltage. I have seen the Un on theses range from 50v down to only 20v.

Last edited:
Back