diy solar

diy solar

What would happen if I connect my Delta Pro to 10K of solar panels?

Breeze

I have a Delta Pro with four 420W panels at my home for emergencies. I am about to have a system installed at my cabin consisting of a twenty six 420W solar panels. I envision a scenario in which the cabin inverter would fail and I would bring my Delta Pro there so I could have some power until the inverter is swapped out.

My question is: Can I plug the DP into the Reliance 30 amp transfer panel (critical loads) at the cabin? That is, will the DP simply ignore all the excess power of the 26 panels and elegantly accept just 1,600W? Or will a fuse blow? Or will the DP fail in some catastrophic way? Thanks!

I have a Delta Pro with four 420W panels at my home for emergencies. I am about to have a system installed at my cabin consisting of a twenty six 420W solar panels. I envision a scenario in which the cabin inverter would fail and I would bring my Delta Pro there so I could have some power until the inverter is swapped out.

My question is: Can I plug the DP into the Reliance 30 amp transfer panel (critical loads) at the cabin? That is, will the DP simply ignore all the excess power of the 26 panels and elegantly accept just 1,600W? Or will a fuse blow? Or will the DP fail in some catastrophic way? Thanks!
It would depend on the way the panels are wired, and the requirements of the delta.
Mosy likely, it wouldnt work, or it would blow the unit.

The Delta Pro is pretty particular about the voltage and amperage if you charge by solar.
From what I recall, the maximum VOC is 150V. The maximum amperage is 15A. So if your solar panels can match that perfectly, then you might reach the maximum charge rate. Anything over the 150V VOC and you'll blow up the Delta Pro. Current over 15A is chopped off and goes unused.

The Delta Pro is pretty particular about the voltage and amperage if you charge by solar.
From what I recall, the maximum VOC is 150V. The maximum amperage is 15A. So if your solar panels can match that perfectly, then you might reach the maximum charge rate. Anything over the 150V VOC and you'll blow up the Delta Pro. Current over 15A is chopped off and goes unused.
THis is correct, as long as you keep the voltage SAFELY under the limit you can add as many panels as you want. MPPT pulls only what it needs and will not take in more amps than designed. This is the same case when we put 2400a to a Delta Max, and even Ecoflow Reddit rep said it would be fine. I have had it's solar input pulling off a 48v pre-feed battery bank for over 6 months, it also never pulls in more amperage even though the batteries are pushing it.

Back