diy solar

diy solar

Where to buy SunSynk + Best (compatible) BMS?

MacManiac78

Hi there,
I'm new at this forum. I have been reading and watching all kinds of information channels. I did build myself a battery before and i know the basic principles how to add an AC coupled battery. I need to AC couple the battery, because i have Enphase micro's installed.
Victron was what i was going to buy, but this would become very pricey because the 24 pv panels are evenly diveded over the 3 phases. That would make me buy 3 inverters.
I have seen the 3 phase Deye inverter. This inverter is more affordable. Because i would like to build it scalable, i would like to buy the 12kw version. I have been reading the SunSynk the Deye with better software on it. One phase has a frequent higher load, caused by the heatpump compressor, and this might be an isseu for Deye, this is why i prefer SunSynk. But.... i can't find a seller for this in The Netherlands. On Alibaba i can buy the Deye for around $2250 with $300 for shipping.
Because i own an all electric house and an EV, and still searching for the moneytree i would like to build one 48V * 280Ah battery to start with. Another battery could be added later. I would have used the 16S JKBMS, but than i can only add one battery. For now i have two questions:
-Where can i buy the SunSynk 3P 12Kw inverter?
-What would the best suitable BMS be?
Hope you can help me!

Last edited:
The Sunsynk doesn't have better software...it has a different software in regards to the user interface.
Otherwise the 2 brands are physically similar and made in the same factory in China.
I'm going to build 2 batteries atm. with JK BMSs iwth 2A autobalancing built in.
All in all the "best" BMS atm. IMO.

Hi there,
I'm new at this forum. I have been reading and watching all kinds of information channels. I did build myself a battery before and i know the basic principles how to add an AC coupled battery. I need to AC couple the battery, because i have Enphase micro's installed.
Victron was what i was going to buy, but this would become very pricey because the 24 pv panels are evenly diveded over the 3 phases. That would make me buy 3 inverters.
I have seen the 3 phase Deye inverter. This inverter is more affordable. Because i would like to build it scalable, i would like to buy the 12kw version. I have been reading the SunSynk the Deye with better software on it. One phase has a frequent higher load, caused by the heatpump compressor, and this might be an isseu for Deye, this is why i prefer SunSynk. But.... i can't find a seller for this in The Netherlands. On Alibaba i can buy the Deye for around $2250 with $300 for shipping.
Because i own an all electric house and an EV, and still searching for the moneytree i would like to build one 48V * 280Ah battery to start with. Another battery could be added later. I would have used the 16S JKBMS, but than i can only add one battery. For now i have two questions:
-Where can i buy the SunSynk 3P 12Kw inverter?
-What would the best suitable BMS be?
Hope you can help me!
the software in the deye's is exactly the as in the sunsynks.
you'll find that sunsynk's eu head office is at eindhoven airport.
blauhof.eu is a reseller

Thanks!
The JKbms does not have the daisy chaining option. The JKbms is not supported within the Deye inverter either. This is why i think the JKbms is not suitable. The JKbms was my #1 choice, because of the 2A balancing feature, most others only have around 100mA. I would like to be able to expand the battery with a second or maybe even a third battery.
I have been reading the Deye has fewer controlable options than the SunSynk has. The Solarman app should have less features than the SunSynk controller app has. Updating the firmware by an Android or Apple device would be one of it. Deye would not have such a well aftersales department. This would be things to choose for SunSynk for me. I do not know if these things are true. I the are not, Deye would pricewise be #1.
blauhoff.com will be the next website i will visit. ;-)
Thanks!

Last edited:
I have been looking at a very similar situation. I have single phase with an enphase system.
I have also looked at the victron gear and deye/sunsynk.
I have decided to go with the sunsynk option as there is more information available on the OS they have on the inverter. The youtube channel on the sunsynk stuff is pretty good. They also have some fairly well written manuals available. From what I can gather, the sunsynk (and possibly deye) can deal with phase rotations.
As you have found using a BMS that is not supported or supports daisy chaining is a major factor.
I have started down the path of a seplos diy box and bms. I will be adding in a Neey active balancer to make up for the average balancing of the seplos bms.
Andys off grid garage(youtube) did a very good hack with a Haltec BMS and a voltage relay for a battery that had an average passive balancer setup.
I have also been looking at Solar Assistant to integrate with my battery and inverter. I was hoping to use a Victron Smart Shunt to monitor the battery/batteries but I am yet to find an easy ish way to get the inverter to see the shunt as the bms/soc/voltage. I will get my system setup and then hopefully get the Smart shunt and see if i can get Solar Assistant to push that data to the inverter instead of the seplos bms.
Hope that helps.

I have been looking at a very similar situation. I have single phase with an enphase system.
I have also looked at the victron gear and deye/sunsynk.
I have decided to go with the sunsynk option as there is more information available on the OS they have on the inverter. The youtube channel on the sunsynk stuff is pretty good. They also have some fairly well written manuals available. From what I can gather, the sunsynk (and possibly deye) can deal with phase rotations.
As you have found using a BMS that is not supported or supports daisy chaining is a major factor.
I have started down the path of a seplos diy box and bms. I will be adding in a Neey active balancer to make up for the average balancing of the seplos bms.
Andys off grid garage(youtube) did a very good hack with a Haltec BMS and a voltage relay for a battery that had an average passive balancer setup.
I have also been looking at Solar Assistant to integrate with my battery and inverter. I was hoping to use a Victron Smart Shunt to monitor the battery/batteries but I am yet to find an easy ish way to get the inverter to see the shunt as the bms/soc/voltage. I will get my system setup and then hopefully get the Smart shunt and see if i can get Solar Assistant to push that data to the inverter instead of the seplos bms.
Hope that helps.
you just described my fully runnig system, minus the active balancer.
also i am running the 12k's (2* in parallel)

Blauhoff.com will not sell me any SunSynk inverter. They only sell B2B.

Why would you use a smart shunt instead of the canbus wiring?

Blauhoff.com will not sell me any SunSynk inverter. They only sell B2B.

Why would you use a smart shunt instead of the canbus wiring?
i wouldnt, but that is because my seplos has a proper shunt onboard.
as you want to use a jk ( cant recommend deye/sunsunk without bms communications ), you will need a good way to determine soc

I have been reading the Deye has fewer controlable options than the SunSynk has. The Solarman app should have less features than the SunSynk controller app has. Updating the firmware by an Android or Apple device would be one of it.
No. Its exactly the same with different colour schemes for apps. Sunsynk app is made by Solarman. You can use Deye cloud app for Deye which is same as Sunsynk app (again made by solarman)

So.... SunSynk and Deye are not any different from each other?

Than the SunSynk wifi module is crosscompatible with Deye?
I have been reading the SunSynk wifi module will show realtime data and the solarman does not.

I have been reading the SunSynk wifi module will show realtime data and the solarman does not.
i think sunsynk uses their own ..

No difference except UI on LCD.

Probably not

No. Its same as Deye. Both uses Solarman platform for data logging and fastest updates that you can get is every 1min

Back