diy solar

diy solar

Where to start ??

Urge38

So, First off, I live in the UK

I am looking to jump in at the deep end and build/buy a sever rack system.
as I am green, I really need as much help and advice from the people selling me the goods, so first off, Where do you recommend I buy what I need from (UK)

I am not even sure what size I need !!!!!

I want to run machines like lathes, milling machines etc, three to four HP max, BUT i wont be using them all at the same time, and when I do use them it is not for long periods of time, Hour intervals at best, some weeks I dont touch the machines,

I kind of need a system that will handle the inrush current, but not mega long periods of use

any help and advise will go a long way

Best to get a reading on the amperage the equipment draws, and the watthours it uses daily. Also a record of the daily power consumption of the entire place.
Start with information.

midsummerwholesale.co.uk for solar panels, great reputation, I have bought from them always had good service

they also do battery storage , might be worth a chat

Lead acid batteries can give a lot of current for inrush, whereas LiFePO4 can give a lot of current over time. Decide how long you want to run the equipment. That will tell you battery capacity. Then you can see if they can provide enough inrush current, or if you will have to up size.

Back