diy solar

diy solar

Where's the 3W going? 1 100/30 is using 3W but how?

StuartV

So I bought a 2nd Victron 100/30 SCC and since installing the other night, its using 3Watts of ele.

3W Where.JPG
I've disconnected the panels connected to that SCC, but still draws 3watts, 0.10 - 0.11amps.

When I installed the newer 100/30, I saved the preferences from the 1st one, and saved them to the 2nd one. I did changed the absorbtion rate down by 0.01V, but have since changed them back to match, but still drawing 3watts.

They are also both on the same firmware etc.

Any suggstions?

Here's the wiring and app

2 100 30.jpg
victronconnect.jpg

Cheers in advance ?

Have you verified the 3w with a multi meter?
It could just be off a little.

If you have a smart shunt, you are getting an accurate reading. 3w isn't much at all. And is probably just idle consumption. If you disconnect the SCC from the battery, you can confirm where the 3w load is actually coming from.

Is the VRM done by the Raspberry?

If so, where does the raspberry get its power?

In the VRM options you can switch on “has DC system”, this will show any consumption after the smartshunt.
354D296F-6EC2-443B-9112-191848911726.jpeg

Its only started showing 3watts use since I connected the 2nd SCC tho. If I disconnect it via the fuse, it will show 0watts use.

The raspberry pi is plugged in to mains power, so not using battery to power it.

It's possible that the two SCC's each draw 1.5w. And that's below the threshold for the shunt to measure. Try disconnecting the other SCC and see if you get the same outcome.
You were correct ?

When I turned off the original 100/30, the smart shunt didnt register any usage.

I have since gone in and changed the "has DC system" setting. On the plus side, I can now see how much energy my inverter is usinfg with that setting ?

Thanks all for your replies ?

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Back