diy solar

diy solar

Which Battery Balancer?

ironcast

Do you need a Battery balancer or a CELL balancer? How many batteries do you have connected in Series or Parallel.
In either case, top balancing is performed near the upper end of the charging voltage range. This is because Voltage vs. State of Charge is a very flat curve and the voltage deviation between cells or batteries becomes much greater as full charge is reached.

Do you need a Battery balancer or a CELL balancer? How many batteries do you have connected in Series or Parallel.
In either case, top balancing is performed near the upper end of the charging voltage range. This is because Voltage vs. State of Charge is a very flat curve and the voltage deviation between cells or batteries becomes much greater as full charge is reached.
I have two 12v Victron GEL and a separate pair (cold standby) of reliable but unbalanced 100ah 12v SLA.

I have two 12v Victron GEL and a separate pair (cold standby) of reliable but unbalanced 100ah 12v SLA.
I need something to keep both batteries in the serial pair relatively balanced throughout the day in various states of charge. When a load occurs I want the inverter to best calculate an accurate voltage.

As long as the batteries are reaching a charge voltage over 27V, the Victron balancer should activate and work.
The balance current is limited to 1A or less, could take a while with a 100Ah battery.

Batteries can also be top balanced by connecting them in parallel and charging at a fixed Voltage for several hours.

diy solar

diy solar
Back