diy solar

diy solar

Battery active balancer - extra balancer in på with JK BMS 200A 16s (non-Inverter model)

Sounds like problematic cells,
What brand are these ?
But the needy together with the jk is not a bad gamble if you already have it in hand.
EVE LF280K.

The JK I have. The NEEY not yet ... and I'm not even sure how I could add it into my current battery :unsure: .

1710779203460.png

That’s like just now .
Initially both balancers would have been functioning even with below 10amps
These day they hardly need to kick in.

Attachments

• IMG_8514.png
    IMG_8514.png
    162.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8513.png
    IMG_8513.png
    311 KB · Views: 6
EVE LF280K.

The JK I have. The NEEY not yet ... and I'm not even sure how I could add it into my current battery :unsure: .

View attachment 202847
I see terminal bars there,
So it’s very possible.
The Neey and jk have similar harness wiring .
If I recalled correctly it’s just like addiing another to the same point of connections I will send a pic of mine .
I will need to remove my cover to do that though

I see terminal bars there,
So it’s very possible.
The Neey and jk have similar harness wiring .
If I recalled correctly it’s just like addiing another to the same point of connections I will send a pic of mine .
I will need to remove my cover to do that though
Nah don't worry.

It's more where I should place it.

I have a fuse terminal block with the individual cell measurements fused by a 5A fuse in the middle compartment ... would need to change that to 10A of course if I add the NEEY.

But it only has 1 hole, so I'd need to double that up, since I don't like too much having to sneak two wires in the same hole.

I think I have a battery that is quite problematic to charge and holds the other battery back. One cell constantly hits OVP early on... Now I'm trying to add inverter communication to the jk bms, but that won't change the physical issue... One battery will always hold the other one (or several other) back.

At the same time retrofitting another balancer into this battery will require some non-trivial mechanical reworking. Which might actuly require to transplant the cells into another battery box anyways...

At least for the future batteries I'm currently building, I think it's therefore a good idea to include an extra active balancer PERMANENTLY connected.

What are good options (ideally up to 10A real no matter what the voltage difference is, I. E. not only 10A with 1V difference etc)?

- JK-B10A24S not manufactured anymore?
- NEEY???

One must-have feature is the ability to set the start balancing voltage (I use 3.45V based on Andy from off grid garage), not to let it balance all the time.

Thanks for the help 😁
Neey will tick all your boxes

Neey will tick all your boxes
I'm not sure 6A vs 2A will even be enough to be honest.

Right now the jk bms is struggling.

But is the 4th gen NEEY using the average (like the 3rd gen in Andy video from off grid garage) or the maximum cell voltage to start balancing ?

I'm not sure 6A vs 2A will even be enough to be honest.

Right now the jk bms is struggling.

But is the 4th gen NEEY using the average (like the 3rd gen in Andy video from off grid garage) or the maximum cell voltage to start balancing ?
I only use 4a 4rth generation.
You can set start, stop and volt difference as parameters without issue

I only use 4a 4rth generation.
You can set start, stop and volt difference as parameters without issue
Yes but for the start voltage... Does it use the average or maximum cell voltage to start balancing?

3rd gen had a "feature" (I'd call that a bug) that only if the AVERAGE cell voltage was above the start balancing criteria, then it would start balancing.

It should be the MAXIMUM. But I didn't understand if they fixed that in the 4th gen...

Yes but for the start voltage... Does it use the average or maximum cell voltage to start balancing?

3rd gen had a "feature" (I'd call that a bug) that only if the AVERAGE cell voltage was above the start balancing criteria, then it would start balancing.

It should be the MAXIMUM. But I didn't understand if they fixed that in the 4th gen...
Maxium

Back