diy solar

diy solar

Which BMS can communicate with Growatt 5000es ?

AntronX

DC Powered
Which stand alone (not battery integrated) BMS will communicate with Growatt 5000es over CAN or RS-485? Daly does not work. Signature Solar has no idea. Will Seplos 3 BMS work? It kinda looks like those battery integrated BMS in EG4 batts.

Have you seen this thread yet? (especially Post #4)

Aside from that, I don't know all of what BMS are compatible with Growatt comms, however, one other option (despite the fact you did say standalone BMS only) is to buy EG4 Lifepower4 batteries, and get the EG4 Communications hub, which says it adds more broad inverter comms support...

The EG4 LiFePOWER4 Communications Hub streamlines and maximizes your solar power system by interpreting and translating multiple 48V battery management system (BMS) protocols. It serves as a liaison between your 48V battery and inverter, communicating with a diverse range of BMS protocols, and offers real-time monitoring. This eliminates the requirement to check each battery individually, guaranteeing the optimal performance of your solar system.

Features

• Interprets and translates various BMS protocols for your EG4 batteries including:
    • Sol-ark, Victron, SMA, Sofar, Aiswei, Solis, Pylon, SMK, Growatt, Schneider, BlueSun, and EG4
  • Simplifies and optimizes your solar power system

• Compatible with 48V EG4-LiFePOWER4 batteries only

• Enhances closed-loop communication

• Provides a readout for each battery as well as the entire bank

• Real-time monitoring to quickly identify any issues

Thanks. We got Daly to work. Needed to hook up negative wire on CAN bus to the Growatt. It works with Pylontech protocol selected in Daly. I did see JK BMS threads on here after I made this post.

Back