diy solar

diy solar

whiz bang capacity setting...aggressive voltage question

Darce

I have 5 banks of EVE 304, at 48v. I had the whizbang on my Midnite Classics set to 304 ah. I called tech support about setting up follow me and they mentioned the whizbang. They had me change the capacity setting from 304 (1 bank) to 1520 (5 banks). The tech told me that the batteries are only getting charged to 304ah of capacity. She gave me some 5 gallon bucket with only 1 gallon of water analogy. I don't fully understand how that works if the target voltage was hit and the SCC goes to float. Anyways...

I had the SCC set to 54.4 absorb/eq and 54 float. Does that seem to be on the agressive side of things? I detuned it down to 53.7/53.2 to see how the system responds. I want the most capacity without sacraficing longevity.

Last edited:
If the voltage on the all 5 batteries regularly gets to 3.4v per cell the only thing will be the SOc% will be off.

So 54.4 is not aggressive at all, I’d bump it up if you want, but it’s very comfortable

If the voltage on the all 5 batteries regularly gets to 3.4v per cell the only thing will be the SOc% will be off.

So 54.4 is not aggressive at all, I’d bump it up if you want, but it’s very comfortable
OK thank you, that makes sense on the SOC%. I was getting some funny readings but I just blew it off and used a voltage chart. I will change the settings back where I had them then to 54.4 absorb/eq and 54 float. I just don't want to stress them needlessly for say an extra 1-5% of capacity.

It 5 banks of 304ah @ 48v is 1520ah. You have one wizbang for all 5 right?

Back