diy solar

diy solar

Why is the XP 6000 better than 2 3000 units by EG4?, I need to make a move on a inverter.. Any input would be great..

Moretorque

I want something I can make portable and does what I need. I want somnthing that can charge batteries but allom tou to draw of the panels at the same time. Is ther anyhting new coming out I should look at. I looked at the OutBack Rosie and I will not pay that for something not rated for out door use... thanks....

The 6000xp is basically just a pair of 3kw's set up in 240v split phase and stuffed in the same box. If you need 240v then go with the 6000xp, if you're only feeding 120v stuff then you can go with the 3kw's and stack them for more wattage. There's no way to configure a 6000xp to put out 60a of 120v.

The 6000xp is basically just a pair of 3kw's set up in 240v split phase and stuffed in the same box. If you need 240v then go with the 6000xp, if you're only feeding 120v stuff then you can go with the 3kw's and stack them for more wattage. There's no way to configure a 6000xp to put out 60a of 120v.
Thanks..... In a thread I was reading Will told somebody to buy 1 6000 over 2 3000's because it had key features a 3000 does not but I am too stupid to understand the lingo he was using that is why I am asking. 2 3000's can be teamed up to do 240 I think? I would prefer to start with a 3000 but not if I loose key features. Also I was reading a thread to where Brucey said his Victron 48/12 would start his Propane dew-hickey where a more expensive Delta would not in the Low F vs High F thread leading me to believe the LF is better so just pay the bucks and get better? I don't mind seperates... Thanks...

That's the big difference between the two approaches. A pair of 3kw's can do EITHER 30a at 240v OR 60a at 120v, but a 6000xp can ONLY do 30a at 240v.

Thanks..... In a thread I was reading Will told somebody to buy 1 6000 over 2 3000's because it had key features a 3000 does not but I am too stupid to understand the lingo he was using that is why I am asking. 2 3000's can be teamed up to do 240 I think? I would prefer to start with a 3000 but not if I loose key features. Also I was reading a thread to where Brucey said his Victron 48/12 would start his Propane dew-hickey where a more expensive Delta would not in the Low F vs High F thread leading me to believe the LF is better so just pay the bucks and get better? I don't mind seperates... Thanks...
My propane furnace uses between 500W and 800W when running. But the surge is too high for my 1800W rated Delta 2 max to start. For those high surge loads, the hf design comes up lacking.

If you have a lot of 120V loads with startup surges you may need to look at dual 3000 in parallel, or something from Victron, Schneider, etc.

Thanks for the info, so 2 3000's can drive more than 1 6000 ?, the 6000 cannot do 60 AMPS at all? WIll was saying the 6000 has important features a 3000 does not, also you make it sound like just spend more money and get the LF stuff and be done with it? or maybe both. What would you buy... Again thank you...

Thanks for the info, so 2 3000's can drive more than 1 6000 ?, the 6000 cannot do 60 AMPS at all? WIll was saying the 6000 has important features a 3000 does not, also you make it sound like just spend more money and get the LF stuff and be done with it? or maybe both. What would you buy... Again thank you...
Generally the high frequency inverters have problems delivering sufficient 120V for big surge loads. They can only surge for 240V loads. So if you have big surge loads at 120V, a 6000XP may not be the best fit for you

Thanks Brucey, I am trying to build a portable system from like 4000 watts to 6 or even 8 to 10. I am eyeing a 1000 pound rated hand truck for the task and I want to put 2 5000 w batteries on it. The problem I am having is finding something that is outdoor rated. The EG4 18 is to big, I want something smaller that can fit the bill that is well made. If the Rosie was say like 3000 $ and outdoor rated for 10 years that would be good for me but it is not! I don't mind separates, the way things look I should build a Will 3000 Hand truck with 2 batteries and wait for the right charging setup? Does it already exist?

Thanks Brucey, I am trying to build a portable system from like 4000 watts to 6 or even 8 to 10. I am eyeing a 1000 pound rated hand truck for the task and I want to put 2 5000 w batteries on it. The problem I am having is finding something that is outdoor rated. The EG4 18 is to big, I want something smaller that can fit the bill that is well made. If the Rosie was say like 3000 $ and outdoor rated for 10 years that would be good for me but it is not! I don't mind separates, the way things look I should build a Will 3000 Hand truck with 2 batteries and wait for the right charging setup? Does it already exist?
Larger models are available for rental, for example below, but you'll need something substantial with forks to move it.

I want something I can make portable and does what I need. I want somnthing that can charge batteries but allom tou to draw of the panels at the same time. Is ther anyhting new coming out I should look at. I looked at the OutBack Rosie and I will not pay that for something not rated for out door use... thanks....

It's definitely hard to say, they both have their benefits and draw backs. However, when it comes to future products that could be coming out, I would suggest looking at this thread: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/eg4-12kpv-prototype-at-intersolar.76939/

Back