diy solar

diy solar

Why This Subforum Exists.

if it running on voltage only it will not give two squats.. if it is running a coulomb counter it will freak out. it boils down to how you do the accounting nothing more.

It's not the accounting that is of interest - it's the potential for transients to exceed the limits of the SCC when a battery is disconnected.
Effectively, a large enough capacitor will look to the SCC like a battery is still connected. The nature of a capacitor is that it will resist a change to its terminal voltage which inturn will look to the SCC like battery charging.

Seriously? The County or State must have a building code. Or are you saying it is too far in the woods to be caught?
As someone who built his system in Southern Oregon - I can tell you permits/code-compliance is required in my jurisdiction. The 'roof guy' was the biggest problem - gave me scowling looks even though I used IronRidge + their 'vetted' engineering docs for the permit :)

If it goes bad, I'll post pics!

It's been six months with many connects/disconnects and the SCC's all seem happy.
The wild glitches are gone and you can barely see a transient on the graphs.

From what I'm seeing, I wouldn't go lower than 10000uF and my preference would be for double that.
Maybe you will never post again...

Back