diy solar

diy solar

Wiha!!!

Heh...
I am a licensed electrician...

I use a simple milwaukee multi blade screwdriver for 99% of my screws.

I do have a ton of ideal insulated screwdrivers, but rarely need them.
Most everything I work is powered down during handling.

Throw that voltage tickler away. The only way they fail is to provide a false ā€œno voltageā€ indication. They are not allowed on any of my job sites. They are killers.

Throw that voltage tickler away. The only way they fail is to provide a false ā€œno voltageā€ indication. They are not allowed on any of my job sites. They are killers.
I use mine as a preliminary check, after testing it on a known live circuit first. I still will poke with a meter or other contact tester before grabbing stuff.

Made a community post on my YouTube asking people why they would spend so much for these screwdrivers. Now I have the whole collection šŸ¤£

View attachment 230364View attachment 230365View attachment 230366
Sadly wiha moved production to Vietnam before that they were extremely good tools but the quality has dropped a fair bit not to say they aren't still a pretty high standard.

Not sure of the price difference in the US but I'd highly recommend trying a Wera set next the slim insulation is a god send when disassembling recessed screws and they do some fancy laser etching on the tips to make them grip a screw better.

Many service electricians end up removing a large portion of insulation on most screwdriver for recessed screws which then breaks code as far as OSHA/health & safety(doubt your that worried) so Wera is literally the only option to get the job done without getting kicked off site.

Next thing is buy some cobalt step drills is see that "Titanium" one hanging in your peg board the fluke meters likely think riff raff have moved in next door.

Sadly wiha moved production to Vietnam before that they were extremely good tools but the quality has dropped a fair bit not to say they aren't still a pretty high standard.

Not sure of the price difference in the US but I'd highly recommend trying a Wera set next the slim insulation is a god send when disassembling recessed screws and they do some fancy laser etching on the tips to make them grip a screw better.

Many service electricians end up removing a large portion of insulation on most screwdriver for recessed screws which then breaks code as far as OSHA/health & safety(doubt your that worried) so Wera is literally the only option to get the job done without getting kicked off site.

Next thing is buy some cobalt step drills is see that "Titanium" one hanging in your peg board the fluke meters likely think riff raff have moved in next door.
Oh wow that's good to know and very unfortunate. Darn it!! I will check out that brand next thank you

They aren't killers. They are very useful tool in the hands of someone who knows how to use them.

For starters, only use it to prove power is there, not to prove power isn't there.

I don't leave home without that exact same model but 99% of my life is troubleshooting. No power button, it's always on so you don't have remember to turn it on or wonder if it's timed out and turned itself off.

I will say that I'm pretty sure tried every other model and found them be crap, so no argument there. Power buttons that require to you to push them twice or hold them down longer to get to special features only confuse things.

I use mine to trace live circuits. Very helpful when working alone in the attic. I ALWAYS verify with a meter before working on a circuit, but I'm also a big chicken when it comes to electrickery.

I can afford them but I don't do enough electrical work to justify special screwdrivers.

I just have those .
Cost 5 euro for one model
You select the models you need .
Brand parkside Germany.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240722-194725.png
    Screenshot_20240722-194725.png
    177.8 KB · Views: 3
They aren't killers. They are very useful tool in the hands of someone who knows how to use them.

For starters, only use it to prove power is there, not to prove power isn't there.

I don't leave home without that exact same model but 99% of my life is troubleshooting. No power button, it's always on so you don't have remember to turn it on or wonder if it's timed out and turned itself off.

I will say that I'm pretty sure tried every other model and found them be crap, so no argument there. Power buttons that require to you to push them twice or hold them down longer to get to special features only confuse things.
In my industry they are not allowed (generator installations). I have nationwide experience with AHJ's, clients, and safety officers. They aren't even allowed on many sites. Read thru the comments and then reflect on what they are actually used for by the responders here. Totally useless and unsafe.

diy solar

diy solar
Back