diy solar

diy solar

Will, Delta Pro claims you refused to review the new Delta Pro... is this true?

I’m waiting on @Will Prowse Delta Pro review too! I’ve already missed the crowdfunding discounts but wanted to spend wisely. Can’t buy now until the crowdfunding shipments are completed.

Last edited:
They said they sent it out this week actually. Very slow response time and hard to work with them. I had these issues with the first unit from them. I purchased the first one with my own money too.

Thank you ?

I’m looking forward to your assessment.

They promise the world and the kitchen sink with this unit. But, if how they have been with you is any indication of their support I’d hesitate to buy into their product regardless.

Been really waiting on Will's take on the Delta Pro - trying to decide between this and an AC200 MAX or AC300. I read on the Ecoflow website Q&A that they don't recommend leaving the Delta Pro hooked up to solar over-nite and to disconnect it????? Does that make any sense?

That would make no sense - I don't know if it was an accurate answer. One thing I have learned is not everyone at a company has all the right info. But if it's true I'd pass for sure. I know I leave my AC200P hooked up all the time, no problem.

Been really waiting on Will's take on the Delta Pro - trying to decide between this and an AC200 MAX or AC300. I read on the Ecoflow website Q&A that they don't recommend leaving the Delta Pro hooked up to solar over-nite and to disconnect it????? Does that make any sense?
Gosh, that sounds ridiculous. I will look into that.

I have 2 ecoflow delta pros and 2 expansion batteries. Using a generator transfer switch to run my shop off these units. Will report back with any issues. I am missing two cables.

I have 2 ecoflow delta pros and 2 expansion batteries. Using a generator transfer switch to run my shop off these units. Will report back with any issues. I am missing two cables.
Looking forward to your review! Which two cables are you missing?

What probably happened is they sent an email to my business address that gets thousands of emails a week. And I didn't catch it.
if company X sends email and uses lack of response as "refusal to review" then i regret buying an ecoflow delta for a close friend in need.

if sent explicit rejection email, i get it, otherwise, trust in company X or OP is degraded.

have nice day!!

with kind regards,

why are you aware of this?

why should i believe that this thread is not a covert ad?
I am so tired of companies saying stuff like this, or viewers making assumptions. I think they were just busy. Or wanted the product to be 100% done by the time it got to me. I have no clue.

Found the cables. Everything is working well now. Interesting machine.
Will, Thank you for your reviews.

I'm waiting for your piece in to the puzzle to make the decision which one (bluettis ac300 +1battery, eb500pro or delta pro - all are the same price here) will be used as backup with the permanent panels connected.
Your way of testing is close to my planned use case - judging from your ac300 test and your comment above.
From reading the manuals and watching all available videos it seems like solar charging for delta pro is different than the bluetti power stations, it seems that it behaves more like bluetti dc enhancer - switching on and off if solar input is below 40W. It was mentioned in this forum and there is also video from guy in japan which is covering this behaviour.
If you will have time to check it and provide your take on it - is it good to leave solar panels connected premanently - it will really help me make a better decision.

Thank you

Yes - thanks for reviewing these Will! I am looking for a unit bigger than my AC200P for steady use as a home supplement as well as back up. I really need more battery and solar input - 2000 watt inverter is big enough.

I don't know what the best choice is between AC200 MAX, AC300, or the Delta Pro - this review will be my tie breaker - so thanks for doing it!

Just wired the grid connection. I have no clue. I am going to try to find something to hate about it. I will also do a load test soon. We will see. Reviews on these types of system take a lot of work. I will do a video in due time.

Back