diy solar

diy solar

Will this system work?

Aphers

Trying to narrow down on my design. Here's what I'm thinking:

800w PV->60A MPPT Epever-> 4S 280Ah with Daly 100A BMS -> 220A Victron Battery Protect -> 2kw Renogy PSW inverter

All at 12v. Smaller loads will run straight off the BMS, not through the BP. Loads will include a Sterling 30A B2B charger to power a separate set of lead-acids, also a 12v fridge, laptop charger, and various LED lights.

Can the BP tell the Daly BMS to shut down? I know if not triggered by a BMS you have to default to a preset voltage and the highest option is 12v, which I don't think is high enough. I've also read that these BP units aren't that great with the big startup surges of inverters, I would have about 30% headroom (220A vs the 167A of the inverter). Largest actual load I plan to run from the inverter is a 1600w induction hob.

I await my design being torn to shreds :)

Some info regarding the Victron Battery Protect:

Thanks- that confirms what I had read about the BP, it's not really designed for this. I could upgrade to the Sterling Pro-Latch, a bit more costly but still within budget.
I could also hack the inverter, but I don't know if the relatively cheap Renogy (or any others at that price point) would allow this?

Back