diy solar

diy solar

Will's quick rant video about solar generators

Ely

long-distance runner
I've seen Will's little rant. Ok, the Bluetti is odd, only the half capacity via the inverter. And it's a fraud to find these generators on Alibaba with different names. They are only relabeled Chinese batteries, the AC200 can be found under other label. So much for crowdfunding ... ?

The conclusion: A ready to use solar generator costs a bit money. There are only Goal Zero or Jackery, they works as aspected. Or a bit more, so I've last my Yeti 500x with 330 watts AC (European, German Version, 240 volts, 50 Hz) for about a half hour and no problem occur. Regular the inverter gives 300 watts continues (1200 surge).

My old Yetis 150/400 with AGM runs about four years and they runs still. There are the original batteries inside (replace is easy, done in 5 minutes, the manual explains how to do this).

The Jackery and the Yeti are developed in the US. In my opinion this is the reason why the Jackery or the Yeti working as expected.

What is your point?
His rant was more about lack of features, not so much that they don't work...

I think it‘s a bad work if you can get only the half of the capacity by using the inverter. And it’s a bad work if the battery can only charge with about 80 watts.

Features? What do you mean? They are all features (USB, USB-C, 12 volt socket, AC) available. But the work ...

He was running the inverter near its max output for the test. I wonder if its efficiency would improve at 50% output or there abouts?

I've seen Will's little rant. Ok, the Bluetti is odd, only the half capacity via the inverter. And it's a fraud to find these generators on Alibaba with different names. They are only relabeled Chinese batteries, the AC200 can be found under other label. So much for crowdfunding ... ?

The conclusion: A ready to use solar generator costs a bit money. There are only Goal Zero or Jackery, they works as aspected. Or a bit more, so I've last my Yeti 500x with 330 watts AC (European, German Version, 240 volts, 50 Hz) for about a half hour and no problem occur. Regular the inverter gives 300 watts continues (1200 surge).

My old Yetis 150/400 with AGM runs about four years and they runs still. There are the original batteries inside (replace is easy, done in 5 minutes, the manual explains how to do this).

The Jackery and the Yeti are developed in the US. In my opinion this is the reason why the Jackery or the Yeti working as expected.
I know you like Goal Zero and the Yetis but they have their own issues. There's plenty of posts online and user reviews in various forums that discuss reliability and customer service failures with the units.

I like Goal Zero's stuff (although they are way overpriced) ... and is it possible Goal Zero's failure rate is lower than Bluetti (or other products out there)? Sure .... but it's misleading to say that Goal Zero always works as expected and basically imply that everything developed outside of the USA is crap (and this is coming from an American).

Instead a Yeti you can get a Jackery. They works well too.

Here in the forum are lots of problems with Eco Flow or Maxoak. You don‘t find a Yeti or Jackery relabled on Alibaba, but you can find Maxoak or Eco Flow under other brand.

It‘s all technology. And so it can get some issues, a Jackery or a Yeti can failed too. Yes, they are expensive. But if I need mobile plug and play solar power I expect it to work reliably

My Sherpa 100AC failed. I contact the seller and I got immediately a new one and then I must send the failed back. The customer service is so good like the seller is (at least in Germany).

Back