diy solar

diy solar

WIND & SOLAR WITH SOLIS HYBRID

mcnicholl91

I have recently had 7.2kw solar panels installed (ground mounted), a solis hybrid inverter & rosen 10 kw battery. We just moved into our self build home 6 months ago and the home is using a hitachi heat pump to supply dhw and underfloor.

Is it possible to add some kind of wind turbine or system that would be compatible?

Thanks

The Solis hybrid does not have a separate generator / wind port, so I don't believe that is possible feeding directly to the Solis.

However, if your wind system has a grid-tied AC inverter, you can feed that into the house load directly. Then, if the wind is generating more than house usage, the Solis will detect grid export and use that power to charge its batteries.

Having said all that, have you done research into the cost-effectiveness of a wind turbine? The impression I get from threads on here is that, apart from a few specific cases, the costs of install, maintenance and lack of longevity of wind turbines on a non-commercial scale have zero or negative ROI (investment, that is, not the Republic).

You may well be better off deploying more batteries and/or PV panels; assuming you have space as you mentioned ground mount.

Back