diy solar

diy solar

Wiring connectors (mc4)

Barold

So I wired my boat with the solar wire. I noted that one wire had a positive (male) connector and the other a female connector. I assumed that meant it was the positive wire so I put the disconnect on that wire. I now realize the positive wire coming off the panel is also a male connector.

Is there a way to swap the gender of the plugs (everything is wired and tucked in) or do I have to reverse the wiring at the mppt and add a disconnect to the other wire?

You could make up short gender bender leads, Google etc doesn't turn up premade adapters (not surprising).

So I wired my boat with the solar wire. I noted that one wire had a positive (male) connector and the other a female connector. I assumed that meant it was the positive wire so I put the disconnect on that wire. I now realize the positive wire coming off the panel is also a male connector.

Is there a way to swap the gender of the plugs (everything is wired and tucked in) or do I have to reverse the wiring at the mppt and add a disconnect to the other wire?

Just cut the two wires -- switch connections -- put back together ....

Back