diy solar

diy solar

Wiring from Growatt 3000w Inverter 48v system to breaker box

Thank you sir, we'll be sure to read
To make my concerns more clear.
If the GFCI breaker is tripping it means that the current doesn't tally between hot and neutral and that likely means some or all is coming back on the ground wire.
That is not good.

Thanks smooth Joey for the help and concerns. The GFCI that was tripping was from a GFCI circuit coming from the main breaker panels grid power. My inverters which are powered by a PV array have there own breaker box and ground. The inverters I'm running from the PV array are hybrid and allow me to connect an AC 120 v into them. This AC 120 volt was coming from the gfci circuit on the main grids breaker box into the PV inverter, which subsequently was tripping the gfci coming from grid power. Once I hooked this AC 120 volt into a non gfci coming from main grid power I had no issues. Definitely a grounding concern, and want to be sure I get it right. Thanks again

Cheap for life thanks, in my case I'm using the newly installed breaker box as another main (not sub-panel), this box will service an entirely new and seperate part of construction. In this case my ground should be independent and not connected or bonded to the Grids main breaker box? In other words I have 2 breaker boxes, one running from the grid with it's own ground and circuits. Additionally I have my PV array supplying current to the other main that has it's own set of circuits.

In the future I might connect them with someking of auto transfer switch but for now it's an independent system from the grid, other than the AC input from Grid to Inverters.
Wogen06, so after all of this time what is the status of your system? I am nearly ready to start a small installation using the same type of inverter that you used.

Wogen06, so after all of this time what is the status of your system? I am nearly ready to start a small installation using the same type of inverter that you used.
I'm happy to report I've been up and running 100% without any issues once I installed a seperate line, with (double pole breaker) to each inverter. If you're running 2 or more inverters in split phase as I am you'll need to have each leg for your "AC in" to each inverter on seperate poles from your main breaker box if you plan to hookup the inverters to your grid.

Back