diy solar

diy solar

Xiaoxiang and JBD 7S-20S 200Amp BMS .. Settings not available

kdiver58

I bought a JBD 7S-20S BMS from Docan. The link in the manual gives me this screen
1662168968336.png
Amy from Docan sent me link with the new software but it will not connect
to the BMS. It show connectable but. No joy.

Is there any way to get into the settings with the app I am showing in the
pic ? I've made an account logged in and downloaded every
version I can find but with no luck. Thanks. K

I bought a JBD 7S-20S BMS from Docan. The link in the manual gives me this screen
View attachment 109927
Amy from Docan sent me link with the new software but it will not connect
to the BMS. It show connectable but. No joy.

Is there any way to get into the settings with the app I am showing in the
pic ? I've made an account logged in and downloaded every
version I can find but with no luck. Thanks. K
If you're on an iPhone, it it appears you are, you need to pay for the app to be able to make changes to settings; if I remember correctly. If that holds true, you have other options such as picking up a cheap android tablet and dedicate it your solar or using a pc to communicate or even a pi.

Ahhhh. I'm using an Android phone but that makes sense.
That app is completely different than mine and all the other Android screenshots I've seen on here.

Edit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220903-145006.jpg
    Screenshot_20220903-145006.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20220903-145107.jpg
    Screenshot_20220903-145107.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 14
That app is completely different than mine and all the other Android screenshots I've seen on here.

Edit
The screenshot on the left in the screenshots you are showing. is the software I am used to using. I used it with my last battery pack and I got the bms from overkill solar and it worked perfect unfortunately it will not connect to the BMS I purchased from Docan. I've tried every single one of the Xiaoxiang softwares I could find and only the one with the screenshot I showed will connect. But it has limited functionality.

The screenshot on the left in the screenshots you are showing. is the software I am used to using. I used it with my last battery pack and I got the bms from overkill solar and it worked perfect unfortunately it will not connect to the BMS I purchased from Docan. I've tried every single one of the Xiaoxiang softwares I could find and only the one with the screenshot I showed will connect. But it has limited functionality.
Try this(attached) . My JBD also came from docan and both the apps work ok. Hoping I don't have issues when I bring my 2nd pack online.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220903-151422.jpg
    Screenshot_20220903-151422.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 16
Try this(attached) . My JBD also came from docan and both the apps work ok. Hoping I don't have issues when I bring my 2nd pack online.
Thanks but it does the same thing that the other, non working, apps do. It will not connect . My phone is a Samsung S10. I mounted the Bluetooth module on the outside of the case so that I can see the blue light turn on. The app ( xiaoxiang 3.2.000 apk) does report proper voltages.

I found that I was able to use the USB box that I used with my Overkill solar BMS and connect my laptop to the new BMS . I'll just do that from here on out. Thank you all for your time.

I found that I was able to use the USB box that I used with my Overkill solar BMS and connect my laptop to the new BMS . I'll just do that from here on out. Thank you all for your time.
I have the JBD-AP20S003S contactor version also purchased from Amy at Docan. I purchased a uart box from overkill but the cable ends are slightly different.

Did you need to modify the cable?

I have the JBD-AP20S003S contactor version also purchased from Amy at Docan. I purchased a uart box from overkill but the cable ends are slightly different.

I just ran wires from one female socket to the other female socket observing the protocol

Attachments

• 20230503_185405.jpg
    20230503_185405.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 8

Were you able to modify settings like high voltage cut off e.t.c on this unit or was that locked out?

Back